• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in England

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
who else is watching the England-Portugal game instead?
I will be in a minute, although I don't think it's going to cheer me up a lot.

Positive a ever ... :cool:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dalrymple just bowled an over in which only one run was conceded. WTF? Drop Jayasurya, he bats too slow.

/And considering how good Dalrymple is doing, its about time for him to get hurt.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dunno why England repeatedly do this, the game is over and it's a hiding to nothing for the bowlers - so England decide to bowl their best bowler as much as possible just to make sure he's a bit extra knackered and lacking in confidence. Any other team on the planet would just let some part timers roll their arm over... but oh no not England. Utterly stupid.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
i don't know which is worst England going out of the world cup on penalties or this humiliation. Once again i must commend the Sri Lankan ODI side lead by Jayasuriya they have a powerful all-round unit & are seriously strong candidates to win the world cup next year.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Dunno why England repeatedly do this, the game is over and it's a hiding to nothing for the bowlers - so England decide to bowl their best bowler as much as possible just to make sure he's a bit extra knackered and lacking in confidence. Any other team on the planet would just let some part timers roll their arm over... but oh no not England. Utterly stupid.
Here's an idea - why don't you captain England at every sport you deign to pay attention to, and lead them to inevitable glory under your command?

Heaven knows you'd be utterly wasted doing anything less.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
LongHopCassidy said:
Here's an idea - why don't you captain England at every sport you deign to pay attention to, and lead them to inevitable glory under your command?

Heaven knows you'd be utterly wasted doing anything less.
Thought it was too good to be true and it was.

Benny2k1

U19 12th Man
All credit to Sri Lanka for outplaying us through the whole series.
the key is in the bowling statistics:

M O M R W AVG EC
Kabir Ali 2 16 0 149 0 - 9.31
Harmison 5 50 2 286 8 35.75 5.72
Bresnan 4 25 1 169 2 84.50 6.76
Plunkett 5 34.2 0 242 3 80.66 7.04
SI Mahmood 3 21 0 173 3 57.66 8.23
Dalrymple 5 44 1 205 4 51.25 4.65
Collingwood 3 21 1 92 2 46.00 4.38
IR Bell 5 4 0 30 1 30.00 7.50

England positives are hard to find but ill have to go with Trescothick and cooks batting and the emergance of Dalrymple.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Benny2k1 said:
England positives are hard to find but ill have to go with Trescothick and cooks batting and the emergance of Dalrymple.
They must be very thin on the ground if we are including a guy who scored 1 fifty and took 4 wickets in 5 games as a big plus.