• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
126-9 today Sri Lanka, I thought it was a possibility if it clouded and over and moved around, but it hasn't really done much. Good disciplined bowling and substandard batting really.

grecian

Well done Woakes, hasn't really got the figures his bowling deserved often in this series.

According to Andy Zaltzman this is the first time England have opened in a test without Cook since 2006:shocking:

Compton

International Debutant
Is it bad I don't want Compton to make a score here?

I don't like wishing poor figures on anyone, but he's not the answer.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done Woakes, hasn't really got the figures his bowling deserved often in this series.

According to Andy Zaltzman this is the first time England have opened in a test without Cook since 2006:shocking:
Nah we opened with Buttler and Ali in that chase against Pakistan last year where we had like 10 overs to get 100.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Sad that, but makes the decision very easy for the selectors. Never looked the part, especially in his second stint.

grecian

Nah we opened with Buttler and Ali in that chase against Pakistan last year where we had like 10 overs to get 100.
The stat which I wrongly put down, was in England, still amazing. I should have just C&Ped.

Bye bye Compo, nice knowing you.

91Jmay

International Coach
Root doesn't look in good nick in this test so far. Hundreds for him and Hales then a declaration would be ideal.

grecian

Is it bad I don't want Compton to make a score here?

I don't like wishing poor figures on anyone, but he's not the answer.
It's not that bad as England have won the series and are in a commanding position.

It's when people say it in live Test/series situations that annoy me, allowing their personal/preferences biases be more important then results. There's no doubt we all have our faves though, in this partnership I'd rather have Hales out next rather than Joe.

Edit: my wishes mean little.

91Jmay

International Coach
I really hope Root doesn't have a bad run of form now. He is allowed a lean series of course but can't afford him to be like this against Pakistan. I don't think it kept that low