• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016

91Jmay

International Coach
Should get 350ish fingers crossed tomorrow, that will be competitive. Slowish pitch so will be batsmen getting themselves out in every innings.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should get 350ish fingers crossed tomorrow, that will be competitive. Slowish pitch so will be batsmen getting themselves out in every innings.
Yeah, good point, a lot of people miss out on this, slow pitches will always create miscues and people trying to force the pace, this seems to happen every time Lords has good weather, people get shocked that any wickets fall, but they always do.

91Jmay

International Coach
Well done Jonny boy. Superb. Nailed down a spot in the team well and truly. Got a bit of luck but a super knock.

Angelo Mathews is a pathetic captain by the way. Having square leg back there is laughable.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some run this year for Bairstow, maiden test ton then follow it up with one on your home ground and then one at the most famous ground in the world. Doesn't get any better than that.

Stapel

International Regular
Despite being dropped on 11, and that dodgy LBW survival, I like the idea Jonny made it to the honours board of Lord's today.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Some run this year for Bairstow, maiden test ton then follow it up with one on your home ground and then one at the most famous ground in the world. Doesn't get any better than that.
2012 average 32.66
2013 average 27.07
2015 average 31
2016 average 105.4

can you spot the odd one out

Howe_zat

Audio File
Quite an even day in the end, really needed Bairstow's runs.

We added nearly 200 for the last 4 wickets in Durham so this could still be a very good score, though I would still take a pretty much par 330-ish.

Pothas

So how long do we give Vince? Not really done anything yet and pressure must be building on him too.
Well they have given everyone else a decent run and he has only had 3 innings, expect him to get all the Pakistan series.

I am worried though, he really should have made a score in one these innings, Borthwick in for Compton is the one will surely see, expect that to be it for now.

grecian

Well they have given everyone else a decent run and he has only had 3 innings, expect him to get all the Pakistan series.

I am worried though, he really should have made a score in one these innings, Borthwick in for Compton is the one will surely see, expect that to be it for now.
Yep, we can't go against Vince yet. Compton, if he doesn't perform if there's a second innings, and Woakes depending on how he bowls the only possible changes for me TBH. Would be a bit different I suppose if we lost this Test, but after a series win is just not the time we'll make wholesale changes.