• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Bangladesh 2014

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
So has Eranga, his average is only a tick over 30 now, Sri Lanka in a position to dominate here if the openers do their job

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't even know this series was on. Sanga to make two big tons and immediately be called an FTB is basically a certainty

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't even know this series was on. Sanga to make two big tons and immediately be called an FTB is basically a certainty
Yeah, I'm sure Jassy would have something to say.

Bangladesh were really stiff with the umpiring today, there was at least one that ****ed them over, but there were a couple of dubious LBW decisions as well, where the **** is DRS?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Al-Amin just got Finned.

Thought they were checking the front foot which was almost entirely behind the line :laugh:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Gave up trying to find a way to watch this match, every link took me to the NZ-Ind match. I'm pretty happy that Silva has been the beneficiary of all the chances, I want Dimuth out first.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
TIme to bring on Shakib now maybe

This test is probably going to end in a similar story as SL will put 600+ and Bangladesh ending up 300-350 in 2nd Inninngs

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just **** Rubel off and get another batsmen in. Why do they insist on playing 3 seamers?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just **** Rubel off and get another batsmen in. Why do they insist on playing 3 seamers?
I think their logic is that while they clearly don't actually need three seamers, if they pick three it increases their chances of one of them actually contributing. Their logic is poor, however. :p

Mahmudullah has been absolutely cleaning up with the ball in the zonal domestic comp; I definitely would've picked him at 8 on the strength of that.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think their logic is that while they clearly don't actually need three seamers, if they pick three it increases their chances of one of them actually contributing. Their logic is poor, however. :p

Mahmudullah has been absolutely cleaning up with the ball in the zonal domestic comp; I definitely would've picked him at 8 on the strength of that.
That's exactly what I think, re: picking 3 seamers.

I was going to ask about Mahmudullah too. Yeah, he should be playing for sure.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Seems the Sri Lankans are exposing the un-threatening nature of both the pitch and the Bangladeshi attack, despite a few nervy moments earlier. Getting bowled out in under 70 overs on day 1 on this pitch was terrible, would be surprised if Sri Lanka's lead doesn't exceed 200 by the end of the innings.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah, Bangladesh being ground into the dirt here, while I'm happy from a SL point of view I'd have preferred to see some more penetration from the Bangladeshi attack, suspect Sri Lanka will bat most of tomorrow too

Flametree

International 12th Man
Good to see the tradition of minnows getting rough end of umpire's decisions carries on. Bangladesh can't afford not to play with DRS.... (if anyone's wondering what I'm on about, Jayawardene plumb lbw to Gazi reverse sweeping, Reiffel saw something different to the rest of us). Of course, it was 550-5 so not exactly a match-changing mistake. Mushfiqur Akmal's made enough mistakes of his own not to be complaining about anyone else's.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh got screwed over pretty bad when they were batting too.

Vithanage's average is befitting from all these cheap runs against Bangladesh going back to the last series as well, I like the look of him, deserves a few more chances as the Sanga-Mahela era is phased out