• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Bangladesh 2014

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
No luck for Lakmal, not too much movement in the air but some seam and bounce available, can't help but feel that Pradeep might have been handy

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
wtf is with this coverage? Everytime they show a short replay the commentary is cut off and there's an annoying godawful ticking sound.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Reasonable start from the Bangladesh boys. Its always hard to determine whether Bangladesh should go the extra quick, or spinner or bat. I genuinely used to think the extra bat, but with the lineup they have, particularly the solid 4 to 7 I don't have an issue with giving 3 quicks a try. Gazi and Shakib will bowl the majority of the overs anyway. Decent enough crowd too. There is no way in the world Bangladesh shouldn't be a Test nation. They get more people to a Test than half of the other countries and they haven't had a 'minnow like' series at home for a long time.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
These comms probably talked during the lead up too. I have the game on, but also watching the Big Bash and writing an assignment so can't say I've noticed the commentators much at all.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Administrators should just change the rule that you can't be over the rope. I hate how the third umpire has to judge on whether the foot is just touching the rope or not. Disappointing from Tamim, but that's "how he plays".

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That first pull shot for 4 from Rahman was nice but going after the follow up was daft. Went from rightfully showing an Eranga half tracker no respect to flaying wildly at one. Calm yourself down son.

Jarquis

Goddamit. Was just working out how many runs Mathews would have to go for in order for him to conceivably bowl a ball slower than his bowling average.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe clipping the top of leg that one, surprised the umpire gave it on first look, good reward for Matthews though, good decision to bring himself on

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Would be great if Matthews could develop into a Shane Watson-like bowler, steady, but has the ability to bring the run-rate under control and pick up key wickets at crucial times. This spell has given me some hope he could do this, at least to some extent

Jarquis

3 shortish ones and then goes hard at the one on a good length. So dumb. Good catch mind you.

Eranga bending his back.... but I'd suggest it's not the only thing

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely some extra pace and bounce on offer, at least by Bangladeshi pitch standards, good decision to bowl first but this pitch doesn't look too bad if you aren't playing too many shots.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Matthews and the whole Sri Lankan side need to get on top of their over-rate issues, they are terrible when seamers bowl most of the overs