• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka Domestic Season 2013/14

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
WTF is Greg Smith doing there
It's not all that uncommon for county cricketers to turn up in Sri Lankan domestic cricket because the seasons don't overlap at all and the "club cricket has First Class status" gimmick is attractive. Varun Chopra, Moeen Ali, David Wainwright, Luke Wells and Jigar Naik have all had a crack at it in the recent past; I'm sure there will have been more too. Michael Richardson of Durham is playing this season as well.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I originally thought it had something to do with the lions tour, but that's interesting

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well yeah, I know it's happened before but the blokes that make the jump are usually reasonable first class cricketers. Greg Smith is ****e.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Still waiting on cricinfo to put together a quick summary of the results up, until then, here's this rounds results...

Group B: Badureliya Sports Club v Nondescripts Cricket Club at Kaluthara - Feb 7-9, 2014
Nondescripts Cricket Club 513/5d; Badureliya Sports Club 174 and 133 (42.1 ov) (f/o)
Nondescripts Cricket Club won by an innings and 206 runs

Group A: Chilaw Marians Cricket Club v Tamil Union Cricket and Athletic Club at Colombo (PSS) - Feb 7-9, 2014
Chilaw Marians Cricket Club 231 and 258/9d; Tamil Union Cricket and Athletic Club 236 and 124/2 (39 ov, target: 254)
Match drawn

Group B: Moors Sports Club v Colts Cricket Club at Colombo (Moors) - Feb 7-9, 2014
Colts Cricket Club 198 and 255; Moors Sports Club 378 and 79/2 (13.4 ov, target: 76)
Moors Sports Club won by 8 wickets

Group A: Panadura Sports Club v Ragama Cricket Club at Panadura - Feb 7-9, 2014
Ragama Cricket Club 210 and 222; Panadura Sports Club 231 and 204/5 (47.5 ov, target: 202)
Panadura Sports Club won by 5 wickets

Group A: Sinhalese Sports Club v Bloomfield Cricket and Athletic Club at Colombo (SSC) - Feb 7-9, 2014
Sinhalese Sports Club 543/7d; Bloomfield Cricket and Athletic Club 546/6 (142 ov)
Match drawn

Group B: Sri Lanka Army Sports Club v Sri Lanka Air Force Sports Club at Panagoda - Feb 7-9, 2014
Sri Lanka Air Force Sports Club 251 and 256; Sri Lanka Army Sports Club 295 and 216/4 (47.2 ov, target: 213)
Sri Lanka Army Sports Club won by 6 wickets

Nondescripts had a big win, Jeehan Mubarak scored a double ton and Sohan Boralessa outshone Tharindu Kaushal taking 9 wickets to his 4 for the match.

Elsewhere SSC and Bloomfield played out a high scoring draw with Paranivatana scoring 150, although he hopefully won't play test cricket again. Promising young pace bowler Imran Khan took 4/136 in the first innings - out of 7 wickets and over 500 runs scored, only 21 years old he is a prospect to keep an eye on

EDIT: Oh wow I didn't realise copy and pasting would give me clickable links, that's handy!

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
But will it get more posts than my highly anticipated Irish Domestic Season 2014 thread? That's the big question.
Just try and angle in a reference to England trying to colonise the best Irish players and you should have at least 10 pages worth of replies and defensive counter arguments.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lanka A playing the Lions atm, 3/167, Tharindu Kaushal picked up the wicket of Varun Chopra for 50 odd a while ago

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, that game has progressed nicely for the Sri Lankans, having got to 3-210 the Lions finished up 9/299 as Kaushal and Dhamika Prasad snared 3 wickets each, will be very interesting to see how the batting line-up fares tomorrow

YorksLanka

International Debutant
would have liked to have seen a young fastbowler in our A team rather than Prasad..we need to use these situations to blodd youngsaters for the future..

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I was surprised that 21yr Imran Khan wasn't picked for either those 2 emerging squad games or this one, they are playing that Vishwa Fernando bloke at least

YorksLanka

International Debutant
havent seen him but have heard good things about him...not heard of imran khan but if heis anyhting like his namesake, we'll have him!!

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhammika Prasad having a pretty good game right now, highest wicket-taker and run-scorer for the first innings, apparently there's a fair bit of grass on the pitch, plus it's being played at Pallekele, so this pitch has a fair bit in it for the quicks, disappointing to see how pretty much every batsmen wasn't up to the challenge

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, yeah, we lost, but on the bright side we put up a good fight in the second innings and made the Lions bowlers sweat, lasting much of the final day before finally being bowled out, Madawa Warnapura scored a hundred

YorksLanka

International Debutant
yeah I saw that, good to see his family name carrying on in our cricket..still congrats to England on a comprehensive win...