• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka Domestic Season 2013/14

YorksLanka

International Debutant
DOH of course, its four days not five isnt it and yes there is another test..i shall go and whip my self severely for my errors!clearly getting old/drank too much last night...my bad...:whistling

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
no worries bro. Good fightback by your guys. Looks like the wicket was extremely flat once the juice went out of the wicket for the quicks.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Yeah i think you're right Bro, it looks like a road..the types of wicket that we want rid of as SL fans..these types of wickets are why we struggle on juicy tracks abroad...

YorksLanka

International Debutant
also to be fair, the side we put out isnt strong enough as when you look at the England team, 5 or 6 have represented their full team whereas only a couple have done the same for us..

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah, this 'A' team is pretty weak with many of our fringe test players in Bangladesh or just not playing like PJ, happy to see Dimuth in the runs, and Tharanga did well too. But as has been said, the pitch was the ultimate winner here, pretty disappointing to see a road. As glad as I am to see Dimuth scoring a big hundred, I can't help but wonder why he does this so well at 'A' level but fails to go on in the test arena even when he gets consistent starts, at least we know he has the potential to go big I spose.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
My preferred 'A' team for the 3rd 'test' - with exceptions made for players currently in Bangladesh...

Dimuth
Silva
Tharanga (c) - can't really drop him now
Warnapura
Roshen Silva
Jeevan Mendis
Prasanna Jayawardene (wk)
Suraj Randiv
Tharindu Kaushal
Chanaka Welegedara
Nuwan Pradeep

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Chanaka Welegedara is injured. I would like to see Kanishka Alvitigala instead of him, who is about 6' 3" and hits the deck real hard. Jeewan Mendis doesn't look belonging there. So I'd prefer Chathuranga de Silva instead. Done really well with the bat and is an able 3rd spinner.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
i would agree, i havent been a fan of welegedara for a long time now..the only thing he had going for him was that he was a left armer...apart from that, non special military medium imho...however, i do like Mendis as i think he is a good finisher and a fantastic fielder..to be fair, the last time i saw him was last year so not sure on his current form...

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Welegedara has been playing in the premier league and doing ok for the last couple of matches, he would be able to play, whether or not you think he should.

I picked Mendis because he's been in excellent form with both the bat and the ball in the Premier League all season and deserves a chance IMO

YorksLanka

International Debutant
A good finisher? In FC cricket?

no i was talking about when he last played ODIs, Jeevan did well imho and i couldnt see a reason for him being dropped..As i said im post, not sure what his recent form is like tho..

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Mendis was probably dropped from the ODI side because he looked pretty terrible in Australia, given the selectors will have the WC in mind atm there is little point playing him in the team now. His recent domestic form has been excellent btw

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yessssssssssssss

Sri Lanka Cricket News: CSA confirms two-Test tour to Sri Lanka | ESPN Cricinfo

While I'm pretty pissed that the test series has been cut short I'm glad to see they've put it in July this year, that means Sri Lanka now have a pretty consistent year of test cricket (as far as scheduling goes) ahead of them including tours of England and then New Zealand. South Africa have struggled in Sri Lanka in the past (mind you their last visit was in 2006) so this tour is a good opportunity for them.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
good news and hopefully some of the odi's will go into august as i will be there then and can hopefully go and watch...shame it sonly two tests though as you say...

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The third 'test' started today, Randiv and Jeevan Mendis made the team too, both of them have a wicket at tea, while Lahiru Gamage has taken 2, Lions 201-5

YorksLanka

International Debutant
another good efffort with the bat from Woakes..he is a genuine all rounder and hopefully will get a run again in teh full team..Randhiv's economy figures look very good and i see both he and Jeevan got a wicket too...

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The SLPL franchise t20 competition got cut for the second year running, absolutely no one seems to care about that ****, not hugely surprised I must say.

Lions ended up getting bowled out for 450 odd, Randiv took 5-107, take note pls selectors, YorksLanka's boi Tharanga has made a good start too

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The SLPL franchise t20 competition got cut for the second year running, absolutely no one seems to care about that ****, not hugely surprised I must say.
Reckon Colombo just fielding a team in the IPL instead is the way forward tbh. Sri Lanka probably wasted their last remaining bargaining chip to make that happen though. :p

YorksLanka

International Debutant

Lions ended up getting bowled out for 450 odd, Randiv took 5-107, take note pls selectors, YorksLanka's boi Tharanga has made a good start too
:) yeah boi...

good to see both Randiv and Tharanga doing well and hopefully Thranaga can sneak his way into the England tour as he is good at playing swing bowling...would be handy in the middle order..:ph34r:

Last edited:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Reckon Colombo just fielding a team in the IPL instead is the way forward tbh. Sri Lanka probably wasted their last remaining bargaining chip to make that happen though. :p
it was a silly idea as there arent enough quality players in our domestic league to make this tournament successfu and its overkilll..you are right although i dont think that wouldlead to any success either..