• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in West Indies

Really? Where were you looking?
:unsure:
Hinds fined, but Smith in the clear | Cricket News | South Africa in West Indies | Cricinfo.com

Just like Steyn, Hinds did not spit on Smith, but near him. Smith made a mountain out of a molehill by complaining to the umpire, and Hinds was fined his entire match fee.

Now, that 2005 incident could've been settled by both men shaking hands. Instead, Hinds was hit with a Level 2 code breach. Since this is the way the Saffers were happy with Hinds' punishment, I expect consistency in the ICC ruling.
I looked here
International Cricket Council

Smith is there but no mention of Hinds. Maybe the ICC have just stuffed up and its not been recorded.

BTW Hinds was fined for deliberiately overstepping the popping crease and throwing the ball at Smith. The spitting in this instance was not the reason Hinds was charged or fined.

Last edited:

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
What is sad is that when I read all of the replies that WW makes on this forum, and all of the arguing he does with people, it makes me want the West Indies to lose. Seriously, I looked at the scorecard and was glad they got such a hiding, becauce I didn't want WW to be proved right.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
So what you're saying is that along with being bowler who avergaes over 40 with the ball, Sulieman Benn also has a attitude problem and will only show up when he wants to play, yeah true test class bowler right there :)
Not getting anywhere in the debate so you're now reduced to putting words in my mouth? i'm shocked!! 8-) .

If you don't believe Benn was "test class" in this series against South Africa then that's your business, i simply don't agree with it.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
What is sad is that when I read all of the replies that WW makes on this forum, and all of the arguing he does with people, it makes me want the West Indies to lose. Seriously, I looked at the scorecard and was glad they got such a hiding, becauce I didn't want WW to be proved right.
Oh look i have another "detractor"!! :no:, i could mention NZ's recent results but what's the point?!! everyone knows the deal already!! :ph34r: .

I'd also love to know exactly what i would have "proven" if WI didn't get "a hiding"?!! :unsure: because i've been saying from the start that these players are garbage so these result have actually proven that i've been right all along.

Last edited:

Oscillatingmind

U19 Cricketer
Thats why the ignore function is so beautiful. Ignoring WW since 09, better then a George Foreman grill tbh.

Howsie

International Captain
Not getting anywhere in the debate so you're now reduced to putting words in my mouth? i'm shocked!! 8-) .

If you don't believe Benn was "test class" in this series against South Africa then that's your business, i simply don't agree with it.
See, thats where you go wrong. It's almost like you read what you want to read. Nowhere have I nor has anyone else said he wasn't test class during this series, I haven't even been able to see this series FTR. But his overall test record is really, really average, one good series (finally) doesn't make him a test class bowler all of a sudden. .

Howsie

International Captain
Oh look i have another "detractor"!! :no:, i could mention NZ's recent results but what's the point?!! everyone knows the deal already!! :ph34r: .

I'd also love to know exactly what i would have "proven" if WI didn't get "a hiding"?!! :unsure: because i've been saying from the start that these players are garbage so these result have actually proven that i've been right all along.
Nope i'm on a break from "scraps" right now!! :laugh: , i just felt that that line was a little patronising, we're still a giant in this game imo and i happen to think we're on our way back, we'll be playing South Africa at home in June so i guess we'll see how right you are!!, i think we might shock one or two people :cool: .

Btw when are Sri Lanka playing England? in 2011?!!
:ph34r:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
See, thats where you go wrong. It's almost like you read what you want to read. Nowhere have I nor has anyone else said he wasn't test class during this series, I haven't even been able to see this series FTR. But his overall test record is really, really average, one good series (finally) doesn't make him a test class bowler all of a sudden. .
And clearly you've completely failed to comprehend my point again!! 8-) , the whole idea behind mentioning the last 18 months is to show how much the guy has improved from the garbage bowler i saw in NZ to the man who became "Test class" against South Africa in this series!!, no doubt you'll find that hard to fathom though!!.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
So MIGHT means we WILL then? blimey your desperation is becoming amusing!! :laugh: , i am i fan after all so of course i'm gonna have a little bit of hope , if you want to play "inspector" though you can go and check my posts from before the Zimbabwe series!!, then you'd see my views about the senior players have been clear from the outset.

Briony

International Debutant
So SA did a complete demolition job on the Windies this tour winning both T20s, all ODIs, two out of three tests and remain unbeaten. Time for the men from the Caribbean to lift their game.

And just on this ongoing debate about the spinners, Benn is indisputably a better spinner than Harris but that doesn't make him a great one. At his best Harris was merely adequate but he seems to be really struggling atm. Benn needs to have a few series where he takes wickets consistently at a relatively low rate but on a variety of surfaces. Certainly the pitches in this series seem to have been tailor-made to blunt the quicks and aid the spinners despite Steyn getting man of the series, Morkel bowling really well and Roach showing genuine promise.

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
So MIGHT means we WILL then? blimey your desperation is becoming amusing!! :laugh: , i am i fan after all so of course i'm gonna have a little bit of hope , if you want to play "inspector" though you can go and check my posts from before the Zimbabwe series!!, then you'd see my views about the senior players have been clear from the outset.
"We might surprise a few people" is a hell of a lot different then "This team is complete garbage and I don't expect anything at all"

I don't know though, maybe it's just me?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
"We might surprise a few people" is a hell of a lot different then "This team is complete garbage and I don't expect anything at all"

I don't know though, maybe it's just me?
Yes it is "just you" :unsure: ,

Like i said already i'm a fan so i have to have a little bit of hope, that doesn't mean i don't think most of the players in our side are garbage, seeing as you clearly pay close attention to my posts i'm surprised you didn't know that!! :blink: .

Jayzamann

International Regular
Roach's average dipped below 30 with those face saving wickets he took yesterday. Hopefully for him and WI, it stays there :D

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
You need someone to take a stance on something otherwise you can't have a debate. He likes Benn. I like WWs posts. And was checking in during work to see what he had to say.
I do have to say every fan is allowed to call for sweeping changes to be made if their side is losing so I know where he is coming from.
The thing I caution him about his movement towards youth policy is that it would be a bit of a gamble.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
You need someone to take a stance on something otherwise you can't have a debate. He likes Benn. I like WWs posts. And was checking in during work to see what he had to say.
I do have to say every fan is allowed to call for sweeping changes to be made if their side is losing so I know where he is coming from.
The thing I caution him about his movement towards youth policy is that it would be a bit of a gamble.
Cheers Hurricane :notworthy, a few people have had a go at me but it is what it is, they won't stop me from putting my views about WI cricket across, some will agree with me, some won't, i have no problem with healthy debate, but i won't tolerate the personal jabs and mockery some people have aimed in my direction.

WI won't be playing again until late this year so this forum should be drama free until then at least!!, i wouldn't bet on it though!! :laugh: .