• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Sri Lanka 2014

Flem274*

123/5
Sri Lanka playing with two bowlers and Mathews I see. Prasad injured? Would be crazy to drop him after he found a new level in England.

viriya

International Captain
Sri Lanka playing with two bowlers and Mathews I see. Prasad injured? Would be crazy to drop him after he found a new level in England.
Apparently Lakmal is the "leader of the pack".. He beats Prasad's average by 1 run with 49... :ph34r:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
No, but given he's more of a bang-it-in type than a skiddy swing bowler like Lakmal or Eranga whom you wouldn't expect to have too much success on these types of decks, I guess control is more what we are after from our two quicks as well, Lakmal and Eranga have generally been the two that give us that over the last year. And I wouldn't say he 'found a new level' in England but rather that the stars alligned and he bowled a glorious spell - still a tough selection though.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
de villiers has a hamstring strain thats why hes not keeping but no idea why faf is at 3

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Hundred up already for the proteas..ominous...we need two wickets quickly however, considering this is Galle, I expect it will start spinning by end of tomorrow..

Flem274*

123/5
South Africa are 124/1 and their commentators are getting the excuses for losing ready. SL prepare a turner at Galle to win on and a road at SSC on purpose, SL always bat first and kill teams at Galle etc.

You're 124/1 ffs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That seemed to be more because they didn't want Elgar batting six though, didn't it?
Yeah I thought so at the time too but evidently not. Perhaps Amla has just always had a burning desire to bat four and is taking the opportunity of Kallis retiring and him being appointed captain to make it happen permanently.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
South Africa are 124/1 and their commentators are getting the excuses for losing ready. SL prepare a turner at Galle to win on and a road at SSC on purpose, SL always bat first and kill teams at Galle etc.

You're 124/1 ffs.
Maybe they could go for some Ceylon tea

Flem274*

123/5
It's amazing how many people still think McCullum keeps wicket in tests.

Only been four years guys. Catch up Pommie.

Flem274*

123/5
No, but given he's more of a bang-it-in type than a skiddy swing bowler like Lakmal or Eranga whom you wouldn't expect to have too much success on these types of decks, I guess control is more what we are after from our two quicks as well, Lakmal and Eranga have generally been the two that give us that over the last year. And I wouldn't say he 'found a new level' in England but rather that the stars alligned and he bowled a glorious spell - still a tough selection though.
I wouldn't expect Lakmal to have any success on any deck.

If you want a swing bowler to provide some control then Kula is your man surely? Eranga isn't exactly tight either, but he's a decent bowler and SL's best seamer by far so he strolls in.