• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Sri Lanka 2014

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't want him dropped in the SC, certainly not, but this reminds me of when you were talking about how good a t20 bowler Matthews was by looking at the stats when in actual fact the stats of the whole bowling line-up are skewed by the way they are used, it's not a cop-out - stats aren't telling the whole story. He's not our best bowler though, and not our best spinner either.

pls bring Herath of from Sachi's end Matthews...

viriya

International Captain
I don't want him dropped in the SC, certainly not, but this reminds me of when you were talking about how good a t20 bowler Matthews was by looking at the stats when in actual fact the stats of the whole bowling line-up are skewed by the way they are used, it's not a cop-out - stats aren't telling the whole story. He's not our best bowler though, and not our best spinner either.

pls bring Herath of from Sachi's end Matthews...
Mathews actually is an underrated T20 bowler.. not everyone bowls at the death.. if he's not bowling well international batsmen would take advantage of a "part-timer" and cash-in.. If what you're saying explains it all where are the other part-timers with Mathews-like figures..

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
How many other teams use part-timers (or in this case - an all-rounder) like Matthews so regularly in the same role like we do? Matthews performs a role well but that is his niche and my original complaint was that you were using his stats to argue he could do things outside that role - like bowl at the death, that still stands. Moving on

This wind is crazy, Sachi actually drifting it away and spinning it away further :laugh:. We are getting killed by providing width here

viriya

International Captain
How many other teams use part-timers (or in this case - an all-rounder) like Matthews so regularly in the same role like we do? Matthews performs a role well but that is his niche and my original complaint was that you were using his stats to argue he could do things outside that role - like bowl at the death, that still stands. Moving on

This wind is crazy, Sachi actually drifting it away and spinning it away further :laugh:
I said he was better than Pradeep who was clueless.. we agreed that Pradeep got a chance because we wanted him to give experience..

There's Sammy.. Watson.. Chris Anderson/Neesham.. etc etc

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice to see someone who actually gives the ball a rip and uses flight coming on to bowl and making it a bit more difficult for the batsmen, good little warm-up for the tests for Herath here

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Top bowling from Herath, should've had three but really making an impact here, can't allow the next partnership to develop too much now

viriya

International Captain
Malinga has been bowling pies the whole game and Angelo keeps bowling him.. not that it would make much of a difference to bowl someone else though.

viriya

International Captain
3rd fastest ODI hundred by a South African.. The 2nd is his too.. Fastest is Boucher vs Zim so you could ignore that almost.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
just tuned into this and shocked to see our line up, if Kula has been dropeed, replace him with another quickbowler not another spinner?We needed thisara in this line up imo as there are enough spinners with herath, satchi priyanjan and dilly..looking at the card, looks like mali has gone round the houses here?

viriya

International Captain
Mendis gets a wicket - has done so everytime he has bowled in an ODI since August 2011. Matters little today of course.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
he has picked up two now but as you say, think its a little late..goes without saying we will have to bat really well if we are to win this one!! seems like a big breeze there, anyone tell me if that is affecting the fast bowling and hence filling the team with spinners?