• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Ireland 2021 (white ball)

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
Bollocks. No idea if anything has changed about salletite viewing? i really wanna watch

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
They won’t do it but South Africa’s best bet at the WC is to play 3 frontline spinners and if Tahir hasn’t retired, an attack of he, Shamsi and Linde is legit. Batting is very poor but as long as they are getting 160ish and playing on wickets with some purchase, they will be hard to beat.

Issue is you don’t fancy them to chase anything and Bavuma is going to kill the career of van der Dussen as both of them in the side is archaic to how the big boys play this format (and ODIs).

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
The revelations at SJN hearings on racism and bigotry in South African cricket has sort of changed my sentiments about proteas. Is it true Smith tried to scuttle the hearings?

Dendarii

International Debutant
Is it true Smith tried to scuttle the hearings?
I'm not entirely sure, but I think it might have a request for a delay just to get some clarity on where things stood from a legal standpoint. I'd say that it's reasonable if that's all it was as given his lengthy tenure as captain he would have been drawn into matters.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Just trying to wrap my head around the fact how one could spend a minute in a dressing room where your teammates had a song about you being a ''brown sh1t''. Is it impossible for a South African white cricketer to not be a bigot?