• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Ireland 2021 (white ball)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Schedule

ODIs (World Cup qualifiers)
1st ODI, Sunday 11 July, The Village, Malahide, Dublin (10.45am start)
2nd ODI, Tuesday 13 July, The Village, Malahide, Dublin (10.45am start)
3rd ODI, Friday 16 July, The Village, Malahide, Dublin (10.45am start)

1st T20I, Monday 19 July, The Village, Malahide, Dublin (10.45am start)
2nd T20I, Thursday 22 July, Stormont, Belfast (4pm start)
3rd T20I, Saturday 24 July, Stormont, Belfast (4pm start)

Squads

Ireland ODI squad: Andrew Balbirnie (c), Lorcan Tucker (wk), Jeremy Lawlor (added 10 July) William Porterfield, Paul Stirling, Harry Tector, Curtis Campher, Andy McBrine, Simi Singh, Mark Adair, George Dockrell, Graham Kennedy, Josh Little, Graeme McCarter, Barry McCarthy, Craig Young

Ireland T20I squad: Andrew Balbirnie (c), Neil Rock (wk), Lorcan Tucker (wk), William McClintock, Kevin O'Brien, Paul Stirling, Harry Tector, Simi Singh, Mark Adair, George Dockrell, Shane Getkate, Josh Little, Barry McCarthy, Craig Young, Ben White

South Africa squad: Temba Bavuma (c), Quinton de Kock (wk), Reeza Hendricks, Heinrich Klassen (wk), Janneman Malan, Aiden Markram, Rassie Van der Dussen, Kyle Verreynne (wk), David Miller, Wiaan Mulder, Andile Phehlukwayo, Bjorn Fortuin, Beuran Hendricks, George Linde, Keshav Maharaj, Sisanda Magala (withdrawn 5 July), Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Lizaad Williams

Last edited:

Bahseph

State Captain
Hmm interesting that Ireland have Dockrell at 4. I know that his batting has improved but surely that's a nose bleed? Thought Potterfield was done as well.

I'm happy to see Malan given a go. Keshav has deserved a run in the ODI team tbh. I think he is a better ODI player than Shamsi.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hmm interesting that Ireland have Dockrell at 4. I know that his batting has improved but surely that's a nose bleed? Thought Potterfield was done as well.

I'm happy to see Malan given a go. Keshav has deserved a run in the ODI team tbh. I think he is a better ODI player than Shamsi.
Probably TV things. Can't imagine he gets in before Balbirnie and Tector.

He doesn't really bowl much any more either

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
anyone know what satellite channels this is on? i know i have sky and a couple other networks in the bar i am in

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
Afraid not many of these are satellite

Also *ugh* at neither of the boards making this available for free in zones they haven't sold the rights to
Thank you.

I appreciate it a lot when people go out out of their way to help, even if it doesnt work out.

I will kill you first in the next mafia game... nobody will ever suspect me after this hearfelt outburst.

Bahseph

State Captain
Who is Ireland's best ever batsman? With Test Status acquired now,could Balbirnie get that title?

paranoidandroid

Cricket Spectator
Who is Ireland's best ever batsman? With Test Status acquired now,could Balbirnie get that title?
It's clearly Stirling at the moment, he's not far off 5000 ODI runs at an average of almost 40. Balbirnie has played an excellent innings today though, and also has centuries against the Windies and England. He's really cementing himself as a good ODI standard bat IMO.

paranoidandroid

Cricket Spectator
Ireland might well be in with a shot here; the pitch is turning and the spinners were far more economical for South Africa. Ireland have two front line spinners (Singh and McBrine) plus two part timers (Dockrell and Tector). If they choke SA up in the middle overs it could leave them with too much to do at the end.