• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India

Sir Alex

Banned
I think Indian think tank regards Jadeja as a bowler, and his batting is a bonus. And he's done a pretty good job so far. I think there isn't much of a gap between him and Ojha as far as bowling utility is concerned in the ODIs.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Turb if you were here an hour ago it wouldn't have come to that!
Haha I was bro, I watched the entire game. As soon as Dhoni knocked those stumps over, I jumped around like a maniac screaming YES YES YES! And I was drooling too, haha.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You're not taking runs scored as a constant. If you don't do that your argument just amounts to "scoring more runs>scoring less runs". Sehwag faces significantly less balls than Dravid does, giving his opponent more time to win the game. Keeping total runs scored as a constant, a low strike rate would have been preferable for all of South Africa's batsmen in the match just past.
But that again depends on how your team mates go.. The point you are making has waaaaaay too many IFs and assumptions... Cricket doesn't work that way.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Fwiw, I still think we're going to be vulnerable at the WC in India.
The batting's had a tendacy to look like a bunch of village cricketers when they've been up against decent spin bowling, which will be interesting come the World Cup.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Two MotM awards for Jadeja now; didn't bet on him this time though. :p

Reckon he's pretty under-rated at the moment as I said before, but I don't really think he should be playing if he's not batting in the top seven.
I think Indian think tank regards Jadeja as a bowler, and his batting is a bonus. And he's done a pretty good job so far. I think there isn't much of a gap between him and Ojha as far as bowling utility is concerned in the ODIs.
Jadeja's bowling has certainly impressed me. I do not think that he is the most skillful bowler and so may struggle in T20, but he keeps it very simple and does so very well in ODIs.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Without wting to take anything away from another great performance from Sachin, if this is the best attack the Saffies can put on the park then they might as well not turn up to the WC

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whichever genius decided to put these two together in the commentary box needs a good kick in the gee.