• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Seen too many sides gift test match wins through dumb batting recently to have anything other than love for that SA innings. Yeah they got balls with their names on in the end but at least they forced India to bowl those unplayable deliveries to them. England might have lost both test series last summer if the tourists had showed similar resolve but they were too hellbent on their intent. It's no surprise SA went so long unbeaten away from home and without losing many tests/series in general with this kind of attitude.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Social doesn't grasp the concept that playing shots = taking risks = possibility of being dismissed

The way SA played was perfect. Completely risk free, forced the bowlers to produce something unplayable to dismiss them (Elgar the exception).
Oh FFS!

They lost by more than 300 runs, never looked like saving the match and bored the **** of all neutral observers in the process

If that's the result of risk free batting then they need a new plan <captain obvious mode>

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Congrats indian supporters thoroughly outplayed us this series...

We may have to use this series as preparation foe the england tour, we miggt over compensate by preparing nice green grassy pitches for anderson and broad.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I think its safe to say no team would have lasted half as long as SA did due to scoreboard pressure/skill. AbdV, Wag.

social

I think its safe to say no team would have lasted half as long as SA did due to scoreboard pressure/skill. AbdV, Wag.
They made 143!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys just don't seem to get the fact that SA not only didn't try to win the match but failed MISERABLY in their attempt to save it

They were ****

harsh.ag

You guys just don't seem to get the fact that SA not only didn't try to win the match but failed MISERABLY in their attempt to save it

They were ****
Dude you are severely mistaken. All Indian supporters were ****ting in their pants.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

They were ****
If they'd managed to bat an hour more, bad light would've come in to play and they probably would've saved it. ALL CAPS. EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!

indiaholic

International Captain

They were ****
Nah did not fail miserably. Were about 9-10 over away from bad light being an issue. Plus doesn't matter if they had scored 250 and still lost.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

They were ****
I know this post is against the majority opinion, but tbh I feel more kinship with this sentiment than the "oh wow how great they batted for so long and survived without making any runs so amazing batting".

While I don't feel as strongly as social, I just don't get the massive admiration for this kind of batting. Even if they succeeded it's 2-0 instead of 3-0 big whoop they were still spanked in this test match.

Howe_zat

Audio File
lol at people trying to argue with Social here

you're up against the attitude that made Micheal Clarke play a massive slap to a wide on the first morning at trent bridge with the score on 29/5

The bull**** is too ingrained

Howe_zat

Audio File
I know this post is against the majority opinion, but tbh I feel more kinship with this sentiment than the "oh wow how great they batted for so long and survived without making any runs so amazing batting".

While I don't feel as strongly as social, I just don't get the massive admiration for this kind of batting. Even if they succeeded it's 2-0 instead of 3-0 big whoop they were still spanked in this test match.
I reckon some people are going OTT with the praise as well. SA put all their eggs in the bat all day box and didn't manage it. But there a there's a difference between 'not that great' and 'everyone stop feeling good about anything, I have a superiority complex to maintain'.

Social is actually acting like them being bowled out yesterday for a higher score would have been closer, which is bull****. Saying 'we're going to get bowled out anyway, may as well play some shots' is much, much more negative than deciding you're going to stick to the crease no matter what and actually aim for something.

Last edited:

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
TBF that attritional approach if it doesn't work will always attract a lot of criticism. To play as many overs as they did after struggling throught the tour is still a credit to them.