• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Well done India - that is turning into quite a decent side they've got there. Bad luck South Africa - incredibly gutsy and skilful performance.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adelaide was a road, Oz had 3 bowlers and SA had a huge amount of luck

Unfortunately, it convinced some people that blocking everything is the right course of action

News flash: if you allow international quality bowlers to just bowl at you for hour after hour in conditions that suit them, eventually you get a ball with your name on it

With the odd exception, it's been proven to be the case for more than a hundred years

This was mind-numbingly stupid from SA and they got what they deserved

Cabinet96

Global Moderator

Unfortunately, it convinced some people that blocking everything is the right course of action

News flash: if you allow international quality bowlers to just bowl at you for hour after hour in conditions that suit them, eventually you get a ball with your name on it

With the odd exception, it's been proven to be the case for more than a hundred years

Yet with this approach they batted nearly twice as long as their previous best effort in the series.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Wut. SA have proved this approach works time and time and time again in the last 3 years.

Dissector

International Debutant
So how does this series rank among India wins ? If someone had told me 3-0 before the series I would have called it India's best win since 2001. I think Steyn's injury knocks it down a few notches and there is the inevitable feeling after a big win that the opponents weren't quite up to the mark. Still a superb effort. I think I would rate this SA team a bit above the Australian team that lost 4-0 so this is probably India best performance since we lost the no.1 ranking.

cnerd123

likes this
Yet with this approach they batted nearly twice as long as their previous best effort in the series.
Social doesn't grasp the concept that playing shots = taking risks = possibility of being dismissed

The way SA played was perfect. Completely risk free, forced the bowlers to produce something unplayable to dismiss them (Elgar the exception).

dfrinku

U19 Debutant

Do you mean universal respect from the entire cricketing community? I agree that they deserve that.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wish SA had actually turned up before the final day of the series though. Disappointing series in that it was such a lopsided contest.

dfrinku

U19 Debutant
It would have been such an interesting series if this happened in the first or second match. Or if there was another 4 match series immediately following this. The way SA batted before this innings was really poor. I'm not suggesting that stonewalling every innings would have been the answer but their mindset would have changed and the "demons in the pitch" might have been downplayed by the media and in the batsman's minds. A very interesting series.

Shri

Mr. Glass
There are articles going around saluting Ashwin for scoring a half century while his parents were missing in Chennai. Not sure why they are hyping it up. It is no big deal. Power and network was down in the city for the past 4 days with no one able to contact anyone there till it came back up today. I was not able to contact my parents as well but I will have to do my work here. Cannot have that as an excuse.
What excuse? Try harder to be edgier.