• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

cnerd123

likes this
It's very much a lottery here as no one can be set. You are going to be out any where between 0-40. All you can do is try to a) grit it out or b) try to hit out. Most people have tried to hit out haven't succeeded but you could easily have had Kohli or Sharma score 30/40 instead of 15/20. Duminy is following this path.
Yea we don't agree with the word lottery but the rest seems fine IMO. Why must batsmen feel set? Whats's wrong with forcing them to grind for their runs or perish looking to counter attack? What's inherently poor about bowler-dominated cricket?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yea we don't agree with the word lottery but the rest seems fine IMO. Why must batsmen feel set? Whats's wrong with forcing them to grind for their runs or perish looking to counter attack? What's inherently poor about bowler-dominated cricket?
I don't mind bowler dominated cricket at all. As I mentioned before, I liked the Sahara Cup ODIs in the 90s. I don't mind turners or bouncier wickets. Pitches where luck becomes the over riding factor make for poor cricket.

Edit: Just saw Teja's post after posting. Ok.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have no problem with it if you are talking about quality bowlers but with a few exceptions that is hardly the case here

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If it was possible to adapt and score runs, at least some one would have managed 75 if not 100, right? It's a wicket one can survive on and make runs but you can't really be set. That's the problem for me as it makes batting a lottery.
For the love of God please stop using the word lottery until you learn what the word means.

cnerd123

likes this
I have no problem with it if you are talking about quality bowlers but with a few exceptions that is hardly the case here
Last post on this topic - but Ashwin, Jadeja and Mishra have been excellent this series, Harmer and Tahir have been decent, Philander bowled well in the first Test and Morkel has bowled extremely well here. You're basically just stuck on Elgar's 4 troll wickets and even that was a pretty decent spell.

Okay I'm done.

91Jmay

International Coach
I have no issue with India preparing a pitch like this, no issue with England preparing a pitch like Trent Bridge either. It does mean we are going to get lots of one sided series, and hammerings instead of close games. One thing that pisses me off beyond belief though is how Australia prepare pitches that perfectly suit their batting and bowling and yet apparently they refuse to accept that they prepare pitches. It is just a huge coincidence that pace bowling and aggressive stroke play are rewarded on Aussie pitches, and lo and behold they have loads of dasher + 90 mph bowlers.

test cricketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
When the general consensus from people who have played the game, are knowleadgable , who have been succesfull at the game, who love the game and who arent really biased cause they arent south african or indian is the pitch is bad, than i'd say chances are the pitch really is bad

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
On a similar note to the pitch talk, is this the worst tour thread of all time?
Tour threads on cw are usually boring in a good way. People getting their knickers in a twist over things they can't agree on and accusing each other of waahing and **** posting is at least a little amusing. :D

Tec15

First Class Debutant
When the general consensus from people who have played the game, are knowleadgable , who have been succesfull at the game, who love the game and who arent really biased cause they arent south african or indian is the pitch is bad, than i'd say chances are the pitch really is bad
Inconceivable! They are just Ani-India. I mean they have to be. No other explanation since the pitch is fair.