• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bowling attack is a bit like the England footy team, you have the bulk of it coming from the top 2 counties (in terms of current position):

Broad/Pattinson (Notts) with Sidebottom also Notts
Flintoff/Anderson (Lancs)

Obviously Monty plays for Northants, but still, it doesn't tend to happen in Cricket, with the top sides in the league usually being those who select a good overseas player and the best of the rest in terms of English players.

So, pointless observation, meh
Well there used to be a strong Durham element too.

Hoggard sounds thoroughly chuffed about Pattinson...

Laurrz

International Debutant
Mixed emotions on Pattinson

happy for him, played in my hood (Dandenong) but at the same time - wtf...... England? :(

wd though, good luck :D

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What is he saying*? He must be mortified. I reckon whoever said it was to avoid a selection headache was right. If Pattinson does reasonably well, it won't be enough to keep Sidebottom out, but if Hoggard did well it would give them something to think about.

edit - Hoggard

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Just got home to see Collingwood dropped and Pattinson in as well. England seem to be playing this test with 1 batsman and half a bowler.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just saw the AB claim. Wow, don't know how a player could think they'd get away with something like that these days.

Terrible first over back from Steyn, and surprisingly no Morne on from the other end.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
If Ntini doesn't pick things up, will have to be looking at a drop from the Test team - he really has looked ordinary.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
If Ntini doesn't pick things up, will have to be looking at a drop from the Test team - he really has looked ordinary.
What's the minimum quota of non-white players in the Test team? Would another non-white have to be drafted in if he were to be dropped?

TazzX

U19 12th Man
We would like to think that there is no quota system so if Ntini gets dropped we can replace him Nel. And having Amla and Prince in the team should make everyone happy :D

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
We would like to think that there is no quota system so if Ntini gets dropped we can replace him Nel. And having Amla and Prince in the team should make everyone happy :D
Sadly if they were to drop him, I'd rather them play Robbie P instead of Harris just to balance the batting a little.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I know KP batted like a deity whilst he was there, but his dismissal does reinforce Dolly's point about having a look at it for his first hour at the crease and then taking charge. He could have played a seriously substantial knock today, bit instead it's just a cameo. Don't want to knock him too much, and I know it's how he plays, but it was all very extravangant 15 minutes into a session.