• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
As gutless and pathetic as the Saffers were in the 1st test. No idea what will happen in the remaining tests but these two giving us a fun series again even if it lacks quality at times.
The last three major home series have all been the same. A frustrating pattern.

Spark

Global Moderator
The last three major home series have all been the same. A frustrating pattern.
When was the last time England had a convincing Test match without major performances from Root/Broad/Anderson? I admit I didn't follow closely last summer.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Woakes did a lot of good stuff last summer but Root probably got runs as well, maybe one of those games against Sri Lanka?

91Jmay

International Coach
Great performance SA, fully deserved. We were pathetic, but no real surprise given the team picked. Frail and weak in same spots as they have been for years.

Wood/Dawson/Ballance should be on borrowed time although given they have been picked i'd probably give Ballance/Wood another Test. Dawson should be gone straight away, Ali is more than fine - pick another batsmen.

I'd give Jennings a bit of a run.

The attacking mentality though is getting extremely infuriating, I can't actually remember a game I feel like it really won us.

SeamUp

International Coach
Interesting. Kepler reckons Bayliss is a sit back type coach. Could work with some and not with orthers.Possibly not strong enough to suggest change is needed. Not just players but tactically too.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jennings probably should and will get a run but he looks seriously awful.
We stuck with Lyth and Jennings looks just as crap so I expect him to remain. Dawson and Wood have to go and I think Ballance will get one last test as Root wanted him so much.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA's depth is pretty astonishing. They keep losing their premier players due to various reasons and it never seems to affect their results much. Didn't expect Morris to bowl anywhere near as well as he did.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
The success of Maharaj this Test made me think back to what Shane Warne said on Day 1 about how Eng had underbowled and brought on too late Mooen Ali.

I think England got sucked in a bit too much by the pitch/conditions on Day 1 and thinking pace was the only option when they had a bowler who'd decimated SA the previous Test not getting a bowl.