• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

stumpski

International Captain
A few frolics at the end, but South Africa big winners and deservedly so.

England lose their #1 ranking one match into the series! Do they get it back if they win all the remaining matches?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is it just me or does it look like Patel's physique has regressed somewhat?

He looked a tad heavy before, but reasonably strong with a bit of muscle definition. On the highlights he has significant moobs, a sizeable gut and no muscle definition.

amanuensis

U19 12th Man
The Torygraph is pretty much saying that Strauss will step down as captain tomorrow, with Cook taking over. There's no clarity yet on Strauss' future as a test opener though.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
The Torygraph is pretty much saying that Strauss will step down as captain tomorrow, with Cook taking over. There's no clarity yet on Strauss' future as a test opener though.
Given his recent form. If the announcement is just about dropping the captaincy rather than a complete retirement, I can't see him sticking around for long. Only reason he wasn't dropped months ago is due to the fact he was captain.

amanuensis

U19 12th Man
Given his recent form. If the announcement is just about dropping the captaincy rather than a complete retirement, I can't see him sticking around for long. Only reason he wasn't dropped months ago is due to the fact he was captain.
They'll stick by him for the time being - they don't need even more upheaval.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Btw, if true wouldn't it be a hat trick of English captains for Graeme Smith and South Africa now?

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Don't get me wrong Cookie's a great bloke but I think he needs more time to learn to captain at the moment Strauss resigning the captaincy would only burden him without in all likelihood leading to a difference in on-field tactics.

Faizal Khan

Banned
Won't be Cook. England test captains have to be high 30-low 40 avg crap batsmen. Refer Michael Atherton, Michael Vaughan, Nasser Hussain, Andrew Strauss.