• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

Stapel

International Regular
This, hardly scored a run off him, needs to get off strike more.

it's making the run rate go up pretty sharpish, nearly 4 now.
The last 30 overs, the RRR has gone up from 3,6 to 3,95. So nothing really to worry about, I guess.

Anyway, Broad's gone, so if this RRR discussion wasn't already superfluous, it is now.

Dissector

International Debutant
That will calm SA nerves considerably. Given the way Broad was playing it was always a possibility. I think Swann should play exactly the same way and ride his luck.

Jacknife

International Captain
All on these two, mighty unlikely from here.

Priors got to get going now, pointless him going at the same rate with only Jimmy and Finn to go.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The way Steyn goes about his cricket is so admirable. He never looks like he's giving anything more than everything he has; even chasing a ball down it looks like he's trying to clock his best 100m time.

Jacknife

International Captain
Can't remember Prior scoring this slowly tbh especially in this country, SA are bowling well at him but he still needs to find a way to score more freely off Tahir.

Reckon the new ball will do this for SA.

Saying that just 60 each or so needed and we're home.:unsure:

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I will say that if South Africa do manage to lose from here, y'all can post as many choke.jpg images as you like and I won't be the tiniest bit annoyed. It really would be a pretty big choke from this position; no denying it.

Jacknife

International Captain
Just showed all the catches that have been put down and i'd forgotten how many were down to Anderson, some dollies. Really is funny how you can go from a safe pair of hands to dropping dollies everywhere.

Quaggas

State Captain
I will say that if South Africa do manage to lose from here, y'all can post as many choke.jpg images as you like and I won't be the tiniest bit annoyed. It really would be a pretty big choke from this position; no denying it.
So in no way down to excellent cricket from England, then.