• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in England 2012

Dissector

International Debutant
The game is becoming half interesting again. Certainly the RRR is manageable.

The second new ball with spells by Philander and Steyn is probably SA's trump card and they will hope to finish the game off at that point. But if these two are still around it could get close. SA's problem is that their attack looks pretty toothless when Philander or Steyn are not bowling.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
The game is becoming half interesting again. Certainly the RRR is manageable.

The second new ball with spells by Philander and Steyn is probably SA's trump card and they will hope to finish the game off at that point. But if these two are still around it could get close. SA's problem is that their attack looks pretty toothless when Philander or Steyn are not bowling.
Prior's attempts at sticking around after new balls have been pretty bad this series, its something he will want to work on i guess. Broad is going to spoon one up eventually i would think.

I'm glad we actually have at least tried keeping the run rate up rather than just trying to bad time.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
England really need to work on their fielding before we get to India because on them pitches were unlikely to get many chances, regardless of the fact that India no longer have Laxman and Dravid.

TBH though SA do deserve o win the series because they've taken all there chances or you know most of them, there's a big difference between dropping Finn and dropping Amla

Dissector

International Debutant
14 overs left for the second new ball. If England score at 3 an over that will leave them 100 to win. I am guessing Tahir will continue from one end and Kallis/Morkel from the other. Philander and Steyn will be reasonably rested and they will have 100 runs to play with for four lower order wickets at most. Should be enough but it could get uncomfortably close for SA.

Jacknife

International Captain
Prior will need to find a way of scoring off Tahir more regularly tbh.
This, hardly scored a run off him, needs to get off strike more.

it's making the run rate go up pretty sharpish, nearly 4 now.

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
Ball hits the fielder's helmet from the bat.

Is it only being hit on the full to be a dead ball?
I think it's anything that's external protection. So off the shin guards is ok. As they're under his trousers.
Should start wearing the box on the outside then.
Hit the helmet.
I had never ever heard of that rule.....

I think I've once seen a dismissal where the batsman had driven the ball on the onside, about a foot of the ground, straight to the non-striker who got it on his pads......., right into the bowler's hands. Does this rule only apply to fielders then?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
They are setting about this in the right way, Prior has to be there at the end if they win this. Broad bats best when going freely anyway, let Prior just bat at his own pace.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I had never ever heard of that rule.....

I think I've once seen a dismissal where the batsman had driven the ball on the onside, about a foot of the ground, straight to the non-striker who got it on his pads......., right into the bowler's hands. Does this rule only apply to fielders then?
Yes.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Please don't give this not out.

EDIT: not from an SA point of view, just think it'd be over officiating.

Last edited: