• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Semi Finals Thread

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Put a decent striker in the Morocco side and they'd have skooshed that, wild how bad France were.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Morocco nothing to be ashamed of there, gave it a real good go.

France have really dug in the last two knockouts. Showed a real know-how to get tournament games won.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
There's nothing at stake in 3rd placed playoffs so weirdly they tend to be a bit fun to watch.
Just said this to my mates actually, it’s often a great game. Though I don’t remember anything about ours four years ago

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Morocco nothing to be ashamed of there, gave it a real good go.

France have really dug in the last two knockouts. Showed a real know-how to get tournament games won.
Two finals in a row and have won every knockout game inside 90 minutes which is pretty incredible really.

Sort of reminds me of Real Madrid in them often not looking that good and lots of people not rating them or the manager. Their results are actually way less dramatic than Madrid though, they have not even come close to losing a game.

DriveClub

International Regular
Crazy to think they’re playing without benzema, kante, pogba, nkunku and still barely broke sweat on the way to finals

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don’t remember being sceptical of whether they were actually good in 2018. I didn’t think Deschamps added much but they deservedly won all of their knockout games against decent teams.

This time they’ve been lucky to win a QF where they were second best with a deflected winner and penalty miss, and played two fairly weak teams in their other knockouts. Nothing wrong with getting lucky but let’s not pretend it’s been anything else.

DriveClub

International Regular
Barely broke sweat is not an accurate description of their last two games and that’s not just the England fan in me talking
yeah my bad but they were never really in a losing position except tunisia i guess. And i don’t think they’ve played exceptionally either

DriveClub

International Regular
I don’t remember being sceptical of whether they were actually good in 2018. I didn’t think Deschamps added much but they deservedly won all of their knockout games against decent teams.

This time they’ve been lucky to win a QF where they were second best with a deflected winner and penalty miss, and played two fairly weak teams in their other knockouts. Nothing wrong with getting lucky but let’s not pretend it’s been anything else.
Not their fault most of the big teams like belgium, spain, portugal etc bombed out against supposedly lesser teams. Maybe those teams couldn’t capitalise on their luck