• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Semi Final 2 - Pakistan v India

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Dissector

International Debutant
Apart from Sehwag's early onslaught I don't think India did anything special the whole day. They were just steady which proved to be enough. They muddled through with the bat against some really good bowling. Their own bowling was steady and they fielded well but really they needed Pakistan to make mistakes and fortunately they made enough of them with some poor shots and a poorly timed chase and of course the horrendous catching earlier on.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
For the record - Dhoni_fan (trolling/baiting and ignoring moderator instructions) and Tendulkar200* (trolling/baiting) have received infractions for their posting in this thread.

Infractions or warnings have also been handed out for posters who came into the thread and reacted/tried to inflame the situation.

These infractions are not up for discussion in the thread. Anyone with issues can contact us directly by email (moderators@cricketweb.net) or via the reported post function.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Apart from Sehwag's early onslaught I don't think India did anything special the whole day. They were just steady which proved to be enough. They muddled through with the bat against some really good bowling. Their own bowling was steady and they fielded well but really they needed Pakistan to make mistakes and fortunately they made enough of them with some poor shots and a poorly timed chase and of course the horrendous catching earlier on.
They bowled very well. You can put it down to bad batting but we were quite disciplined. Quite impressed by Munaf today tbh.

In the other news, Dhoni admitted that he misread the pitch in leaving out Ashwin. To say that after a win isquite honest thing to do. WAG.

Woodster

International Captain
Umar Akmal is here to stay.Easily amongst the most talented young batsmen in the world along with the likes of Kohli n co.
Absolutely, he is very talented but cannot afford to start believing his own hype. His aggression against not only the spinners, but also the quicker bowlers, is impressive, and there is a great deal of quality in the shots he uses, he is much more than another wreckless power hitter. He has a long way to go, and his potential will only take him so far, the real hard work begins when sides have seen plenty of him and worked out areas of weakness, his game then must develop to take him to the next level. Let's hope he is willing to work at his game and not believe he is already the finished article.

I am a fan of Umar Akmal the cricketer, not too sure about him as a person, but then again I don't know enough about him.

Woodster

International Captain
Yes agree with everything you've said there mate.

Woodster

International Captain
They bowled very well. You can put it down to bad batting but we were quite disciplined. Quite impressed by Munaf today tbh.

In the other news, Dhoni admitted that he misread the pitch in leaving out Ashwin. To say that after a win isquite honest thing to do. WAG.
Munaf was impressive today. Bowls a really good line and his leg cutters were getting a bit of purchase aswell, which helps. India were certainly more disciplined than their counterparts.

On the Dhoni front, much easier to admit to errors of judgement when you have actually won and made it through to the World Cup final, than if they had got beat and he had to hold his hands up to millions of frustrated fans and say "I got it wrong".

Teja.

Global Moderator
Was great to see my favourite cricketer do well and actually time a couple balls at 140kph too!
It was incredibly annoying to hear Manjrekar making dire comments about Munaf. One over, his first and second balls were in the 135kph range, the other commentator said something like "Munaf's deliveries seem heavy, he bowls with the air of a man who is much faster than the 130 range". Little **** Manjrekar cuts in, giggles and says "The fans are quite used to seeing Munaf operate in the 120 kph range actually, Bowling at 130 is very rare for him". All this in a match where he was consistently bowling over 135 kph and over 140kph quite a few times. God Sanjay is the biggest prick on earth.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Munaf was impressive today. Bowls a really good line and his leg cutters were getting a bit of purchase aswell, which helps. India were certainly more disciplined than their counterparts.

On the Dhoni front, much easier to admit to errors of judgement when you have actually won and made it through to the World Cup final, than if they had got beat and he had to hold his hands up to millions of frustrated fans and say "I got it wrong".
Dhoni has always been quite an honest cricketer he admitted he was wrong to bowl Nehra after the game v SA

Woodster

International Captain
Dhoni has always been quite an honest cricketer he admitted he was wrong to bowl Nehra after the game v SA
They weren't on the verge of being eliminated from the competition though. I'm not suggesting he's not an honest cricketer, just saying it is easier to own up to mistakes when you have won the game, rather than the other way round. We'll never know if he would have done, can only speculate.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
They weren't on the verge of being eliminated from the competition though. I'm not suggesting he's not an honest cricketer, just saying it is easier to own up to mistakes when you have won the game, rather than the other way round. We'll never know if he would have done, can only speculate.
Fair point mate, I would have personally preferred us to have played Ashwin, but you cannot run fromt he fact that Nehra brought home the BACON for us today :)

Teja.

Global Moderator
Dhoni_fan, Am I just assuming the worst or are you constantly using 'bacon' and specifically highlighting it because it's a pork reference?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There so much hate here for Mishbah but long story short 56 off 76 really isn't that bad. Time and time again he hit the ball straight to fielders on aggressive shot because he just wasn't good enough on the day.

Meanwhile, all the top four threw away good starts and an extra 20-30 runs from any of them could have won Pakistan the game. Younis in particular couldn't score properly at all after coming in when there wasn't anywhere near as much pressure.

Well done to India, they were the better side. I thought that India's fielding could lose it for them in a tight chase but they kept the pressure up really well once things started going their way. Given the number of drops from Pakistan it really might have made the difference.

However, I'd say that the difference between the two sides was essentially just Sehwag seriously getting one over on Gul and Razzaq early on. Akmal and Hafeez started positively but that kind of power is seriously special and the Pakistan openers just couldn't match it.
Good point. I'd give anything for a Sehwag special in the final..