• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Semi Final 2 - Pakistan v India

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Shri

Mr. Glass
Brilliant victory for India, well done. I fully expected this result before the game and and at no point did my opinion change.

I took the day off work (hospital) and watched this game at a sports bar, real good fun. I think Pakistan should hold their head up high, they are a mediocre team and have come very far through team spirit despite having players banned for match fixing, terrorist attacks at home e.t.c

Should be a walk in the park facing Sl in final.
You actually chose to watch sport over saving lives?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Dhoni_Fan and Tendulkar_200, tone it down immediately. Any more provocative posts will lead to an infraction. Everyone else- please stop responding to them. Just report the posts and let us handle it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Agree with all of the above except for one point. Was seriously ****ting myself when Umar Akmal was at the crease. Think he has the talent to become an ATG batsman if he can get his head in gear. What an awesome ball by Harbhajan to dismiss him, can't believe you're questioning his place today after he took two huge wickets!
I was ****ting myself when Ajmal and Misbah were still at the crease and they needed 30 off the last over man. So of course I was scared when Umar Akmal was there.

I'm just saying Hafeez was the key wicket which allowed us back into the match.

Regarding Harbhajan, he bowled a great ball to Umar. But did you see his wicket ball to Afridi? It was a full toss mate. Should have been smacked out of the park.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
I dont think it is a case of us being analysts or looking over our shoulders and comparing apples as it were!
If we play to our best then no matter what 11 Sri Lanka put on the park we will win.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was ****ting myself when Ajmal and Misbah were still at the crease and they needed 30 off the last over man. So of course I was scared when Umar Akmal was there.

Regarding Harbhajan, he bowled a great ball to Umar. But did you see his wicket ball to Afridi? It was a full toss mate. Should have been smacked out of the park.
Was the ball to Umar even that good? Umar just seemed to make a complete mess of it, forwards, backwards, nowhere and had a good old prod at it.

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain

But if you look at the stats of the Pakistani batsmen, you know exactly what you will get. Akmal and Hafeez tend to combust when they reach the 30's. Was a very easy win for India, who didn't even fully execute their skills.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Harbhajan is indispensable, as I have said before. Will defend that later. Let me soak the moment in for now :)

Bun

Banned
Was the ball to Umar even that good? Umar just seemed to make a complete mess of it, forwards, backwards, nowhere and had a good old prod at it.
Yep, the fact that the bowler made him do that is what makes the ball special.

jashan83

U19 Captain
Really Happy with the win. Great team effort by Indian team, and sloppy fielding by Pakistan. 4 dropped catches of Sachin was suicidal

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!

I agree with your point about Hafeez. There can be several turning points in a match, and his dismissal was certainly one. India ramped up the pressure after that and got a couple more wickets.

Don't think his ball to Afridi was such a terrible delivery in the circumstances, probably bowled it much quicker than usual.

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
I dont think it is a case of us being analysts or looking over our shoulders and comparing apples as it were!
If we play to our best then no matter what 11 Sri Lanka put on the park we will win.

Yeah, our team is much superior. I think Sanga and Jaywardene carry this SL team.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I agree with your point about Hafeez. There can be several turning points in a match, and his dismissal was certainly one. India ramped up the pressure after that and got a couple more wickets.

Don't think his ball to Afridi was such a terrible delivery in the circumstances, probably bowled it much quicker than usual.
By rights his ball to Afridi should have been launched into the Bay of Bengal.

In a chase it's a delivery that's capable of picking up wickets because the batsman can mistime it and smack it straight up into the air, but it was a horrible, horrible delivery.