• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Semi Final 2 - Pakistan v India

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Misbah's innings was weird, yes. But Hafeez' shot, in my humble opinion, was the critical moment of the match.

Yes Pakistan dropped catches, but at the end of the day 260 was chaseable if they played sensibly. Hafeez was creaming boundaries, and the pitch was always one whereby it was hard to come in in the middle order and play against the soft ball. If Hafeez had hung around another 8-10 overs it would have been a different ball game.

Obviously there are various moments that turned the match. Sachin being dropped, Gul's awful bowling. Harbhajan getting Umar (who was spanking them) etc. But at the end of the day, Hafeez' wicket was absolutely brainless. Just disgusting batting.

I still believe Ashwin should have played instead of Nehra, but credit where it is due, Nehra bowled absolutely brilliantly on this pitch. He, and Dhoni, read it well. He knew how to bowl on it, with cutters, slower balls and stump to stump (or just outside off). He was fantastic.

The funny thing is Zaheer was seriously off his game tonight. But if there was ever a night for that to happen, it was when Nehra and Munaf actually bowled well on the other end.

For me Harbhajan is still a concern. Ideally we'd play Ashwin ahead of him if we play 3 seamers, but that is about as likely as me having *** with Jessica Alba tomorrow. So if that's the case, you'd have to think we have to play 3 seamers against Sri Lanka since they play spin far better than Pakistan do. Unless the wicket is a turner, Ashwin probably won't be selected.

Will be a tough decision.

Also Gambhir is injured. That seems to have not been mentioned here. I'm pretty sure he pulled his hamstring, and there isn't much of a break between now and the final. We might see Kohli move to 3, Yuvraj to 4 etc. and Yusuf be forced back into the team and bat at 7.

Despite Gambhir's **** dismissal this match, it is a MASSIVE loss for India if he is out for the final.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Nonsense

Pakistan have created a rod for their own back with repeated infringements and lenient/no punishment

What's more, there have been very strong rumours coming out of the subcontinent all tourney that players are on the take

Put those 2 together and then you witness a quality player basically sit on his bat until the game is done and dusted and people have every right to be suspicious

That's the damage done to our game by Malik, Cronje, The Hon Azha :laugh::laugh:, etc
Not coping with it well, are you? :laugh:

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Came in here to congratulate India. I will make no bones of the fact I'm rooting for Sri Lanka but you guys enjoy the moment.

Best wishes to all of you (even Jono) except the two clowns doing all their usual **** over the past few pages. You know who you are.

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
There were some deluded Pakistani fans on here who rated Misbah as a finisher in ODI :laugh:

As I said then, this guy is nothing more than a test batsmen! Pak team is full of bits and pieces players.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Misbah's innings was weird, yes. But Hafeez' shot, in my humble opinion, was the critical moment of the match.

Yes Pakistan dropped catches, but at the end of the day 260 was chaseable if they played sensibly. Hafeez was creaming boundaries, and the pitch was always one whereby it was hard to come in in the middle order and play against the soft ball. If Hafeez had hung around another 8-10 overs it would have been a different ball game.

Obviously there are various moments that turned the match. Sachin being dropped, Gul's awful bowling. Harbhajan getting Umar (who was spanking them) etc. But at the end of the day, Hafeez' wicket was absolutely brainless. Just disgusting batting.

I still believe Ashwin should have played instead of Nehra, but credit where it is due, Nehra bowled absolutely brilliantly on this pitch. He, and Dhoni, read it well. He knew how to bowl on it, with cutters, slower balls and stump to stump (or just outside off). He was fantastic.

The funny thing is Zaheer was seriously off his game tonight. But if there was ever a night for that to happen, it was when Nehra and Munaf actually bowled well on the other end.

For me Harbhajan is still a concern. Ideally we'd play Ashwin ahead of him if we play 3 seamers, but that is about as likely as me having *** with Jessica Alba tomorrow. So if that's the case, you'd have to think we have to play 3 seamers against Sri Lanka since they play spin far better than Pakistan do. Unless the wicket is a turner, Ashwin probably won't be selected.

Will be a tough decision.

Also Gambhir is injured. That seems to have not been mentioned here. I'm pretty sure he pulled his hamstring, and there isn't much of a break between now and the final. We might see Kohli move to 3, Yuvraj to 4 etc. and Yusuf be forced back into the team and bat at 7.

Despite Gambhir's **** dismissal this match, it is a MASSIVE loss for India if he is out for the final.
Agree with all of the above except for one point. Was seriously ****ting myself when Umar Akmal was at the crease. Think he has the talent to become an ATG batsman if he can get his head in gear. What an awesome ball by Harbhajan to dismiss him, can't believe you're questioning his place today after he took two huge wickets!

Fusion

Global Moderator
Ok everyone, let's calm it down. By and large, this thread has been incident-free. Why ruin it at the end?

Dissector

International Debutant
Pakistan can be proud of their bowling effort in particuclar (apart from Gul). It was a huge pressure game. They were put to the sword by Sehwag. Their fielders gave them zero support. They faced a formidable batting lineup. Yet they managed to claw back and give their team a very makeable target.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ok everyone, let's calm it down. By and large, this thread has been incident-free. Why ruin it at the end?
I am just trying to make them respond to me so that they don't troll/bait the Pak/other nationality posters. Now THAT could get ugly.:p

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well done India, not seen any of this game really as it was daughters birthday today and that took priority.

Lets hope we have a great final and may the best team win.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well done India, not seen any of this game really as it was daughters birthday today and that took priority.

Lets hope we have a great final and may the best team win.
Agree with that, this has been a pretty good tournament and it deserves a good final

Dissector

International Debutant
Misbah's innings was so weird. Why did he leave it so late? He obviously is capable of hitting big shots. If they had taken the powerplay when Afridi was batting and Misbah had unleased those shots, India would have been under huge pressure. A really strange chase by Pakistan.

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
Brilliant victory for India, well done. I fully expected this result before the game and and at no point did my opinion change.

I took the day off work (hospital) and watched this game at a sports bar, real good fun. I think Pakistan should hold their head up high, they are a mediocre team and have come very far through team spirit despite having players banned for match fixing, terrorist attacks at home e.t.c

Should be a walk in the park facing Sl in final.