• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
reminder that this game will be over for all intents and purposes if starc held that ****ing catch off stokes
It would have been over if Green had caught Duckett in the first over of the second innings. He’s doing a Marcus Harris

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
Really don’t think it was controversial me

it was a great throw and I’m an England fan but I wouldn’t be booing

I think it was an opportune piece of keeping and Bairstow has been threatening similar all game

I think it was basically a wind up and bairstow wandering down the pitch was his own fault

anyway it’s gone and we could be about to witness a replay of 2019. Which would be sweet

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
I’d rather discuss how this is an overdue piece of batting by stokes

been a while he has achieved what he has this morning. Love to see it personally as he wastes his wicket for too much

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
Really don’t think it was controversial me

it was a great throw and I’m an England fan but I wouldn’t be booing

I think it was an opportune piece of keeping and Bairstow has been threatening similar all game

I think it was basically a wind up and bairstow wandering down the pitch was his own fault

anyway it’s gone and we could be about to witness a replay of 2019. Which would be sweet
Till now i was in a myth that you are an Aussies

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Look its a legal dismissal.

But for a spectator, getting someone out who thinks the delivery is dead seems totally cheap.
I think it's one of those incidents where those ensconced in the game for decades just see it as part of the game while those who only follow cricket for the Ashes think it's totally wrong way to get somebody out.

A bit like sandpapergate; the outrage really snowballed when it got beyond the cricketing world and the general public reacted to it.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Claiming a WC win off an umpiring error is a way bigger breach of the "spirit of cricket" than the bairstow dismissal. He didn't even wait for Carey to throw the ball FFS.
Both were legal and part of the rules. Deal with the fact Australia are falling apart and I predicted it

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Claiming a WC win off an umpiring error is a way bigger breach of the "spirit of cricket" than the bairstow dismissal. He didn't even wait for Carey to throw the ball FFS.
Forgot about it.

Now it's cheaters vs cheaters.

Whoever wins the spirit of cricket is gonna lose.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why is the attacking team in the Toohey’s ad so obsessed with the field goal that they miss seeing the guy doing the charge down has rushed out of the line and they should run it? They’d have scored for sure.

Amateurs