• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Some very well educated posters have more than once pointed out Stokes shouldn't even be playing.
Will be interesting catching up on their reasons, even more so if he was to miraculously get England across the line.
Objectively they are kind of right, he shouldn’t be out here, he’s not fit enough.

This is why you play him anyway, even without the captaincy. No player in the world you’d rather have at the crease than him in this situation.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some very well educated posters have more than once pointed out Stokes shouldn't even be playing.
Will be interesting catching up on their reasons, even more so if he was to miraculously get England across the line.
I'm just worried about the damage he is doing to his knee. He's bravely soldiered on here, but I think he should retire hurt and not come back out after lunch.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's fully rehabilitated from his days of attempted murder

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
do they single out brown people for abuse in milwall or something
Traditionally yes, but not quite so much these days. Now they just chant "Miiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll" in a long, slow tone.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
the run out was fine tbh. we look out for that **** in school and social cricket, because you know someone will try it on. i guess pros are shielded from the realities of guys who just want to go home and eat dinner.
Wonder what you think of RONSBU? :laugh:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Coz if the **** wasn’t traitorous filth he’d be freezing his balls off at 1 in the morning watching this through a dodgy TVNZ app like all the other kiwis.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Haven't seen the dismissal in question, but if Carey had missed the stumps and given away a chance for the batsmen to run, would people have expected Bairstow to not take advantage because he thought the ball was dead?
This is just silly. You think they were gonna abandon their mid pitch conference and run? :laugh:

I understand that Bairstow was dumb there and its fine with me if you get someone out like that. The Murali thing was way worse as he was actually going to celebrate a great knock of his team mate and was ran out. Karma sure is the b-word as Baz probably found out today. :laugh:

But to go on impossible tangents that won't have ever happened hoping to justify it is just absurd.