• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Oh right.

I don't think anyone defending this is anti-Mankad tbh.

If anything it's kind of the other way, a few posters here think this is ****house but have zero qualms with a Mankad.
I'm kind of anti-mankad but only because of the current circumstances it seems reserved for. As I said before I'd have no qualms with it if 99%+ of them didn't happen in the last over of close ODIs.

If Smith had been mankadded in the first innings here - all good with it.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, Stokes would likely take it back likely. Doesn't seem right.
Yeah think a few captains would withdraw the appeal. Whether Cummins was wrong to keep the appeal varies from person to person, but in his situation I'd want to be as uncontroversial as possible. That was always going to cause a furore.

Burgey

I see it’s being classed as a stumping. That’s fair enough

though now we will see shys at the stumps everytime , from now on in
Not if the batsman just waits 0.4 seconds til the keeper tosses the ball to slip before leaving his crease to do some gardening

Socerer 01

International Captain
keepers have done delayed stumpings to spinners before, should they be changed to runout because everything was completed?
junk from halba as standard

Shri

Mr. Glass
reminder that this game will be over for all intents and purposes if starc held that ****ing catch off stokes

Burgey

For me, whether you agree or disagree with the dismissal, it's going to create a mess now of when a ball is "actually" dead and the batsman can leave their crease without fear of this happening.
In trying to speed the game up re over rates , this certainly doesn't help.
Just wait til the keeper throws the ball away. It’ll have zero impact on over rates

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
I think England are too far out unless a bowler plays a cameo of substance. If they had a Woakes or Moeen it would be 50/50. Robinson can troll but the other dudes need to step up. How's Tongue with the stick? :naughty:
Just got to stay in, let Stokes score the runs. If he gets out they lose anyway