• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Trent Bridge

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
Shastri went off on Nasir Hussain during yesterday's post-game show for calling India's refusal to take the DRS 'disgraceful'. Said he has no right to say that, given the UDRS' lack of accuracy + the hot spot now being exposed too. Shastri also blasted the English media for their jealousy over India being #1.

Nasir-Shastri-Harsha are calling the game on Star right now and Nasir brought up what Shastri said yesterday....saying his 96 Tests + being ESPN's employee gives him the right to voice his opinions. Shastri not backing down though.

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
What're they saying?
From cricinfo:

Hussain says he has earned a right to voice his opinion on cricket after 96 Tests, and that's what Star Cricket is paying him. Shastri says India too has a right to not trust the technology if they don't trust it. Hussain says he would have said the same even if it was Zimbabwe, and where does the jealousy come in. Shastri says he was referring to the British press when he spoke of the jealousy. Super stuff between the two.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Need Bell to convert this start, he does that and we have something to bowl at no matter what the rest do. Be nice for Morgan to step up today too.

Van Buren

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
What happened i missed it?
Nasser termed the limited use of DRS as a disgrace since he believes in the technology. Shastri went on a random unprofessional rant that Nasser's opinion stemmed from some English jealously of the Indian team's ascent to the Number 1 ranking in tests, their World cup triumph, the power wielded by the BCCI, etc. It really added nothing but more bad-blood to the us-versus-them mentality that plagues cricket today.

It was a horrid way to end a great post-play discussion on Dravid and Broad.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think the conditions are tough enough for Morgan to be the walking wicket he was in the first innings. Unless he comes in against the second new ball like he did in the first innings at Lord's, and England will be delighted if that's the case.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think the conditions are tough enough for Morgan to be the walking wicket he was in the first innings. Unless he comes in against the second new ball like he did in the first innings at Lord's, and England will be delighted if that's the case.
If that is the case, I will be so distraught. To watch England bat India out of this game will be too much for me.

Stapel

International Regular
India are so on the wrong side of the UDRS debate. The whole fact hotspot is not 100% accurate really establishes so little. What annoys me is when English fans will shout stuff like "on your way, Harbhajan, you decided not to have UDRS", as if it was his choice - that sort of idiocy infuriates me.
I see what you mean, but I do not completely agree. Methinks it was Harbhy's role, as leading wicket taker, to speak up for UDRS. He could have added some pressure to make DRS possible for LBW-decisions that involve bat-pad/pad-bat and/or pitching/impact uncertainties.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
India in some desperate need of some luck here, looking a bit innocuous for me, seem to be reliant on England making a mistake.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I see what you mean, but I do not completely agree. Methinks it was Harbhy's role, as leading wicket taker, to speak up for UDRS. He could have added some pressure to make DRS possible for LBW-decisions that involve bat-pad/pad-bat and/or pitching/impact uncertainties.
Perhaps the players had some say, perhaps they had no say whatsoever. One thing is for sure and that is that mouthy English fans (not talking about people on this forum) do not have a ****ing clue what actually went on behind closed doors and so they should keep their mouths shut about such issues, imo.