• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

simmy

International Regular
Mindblowing stat when you think about it. In a way this series is more one sided than when we lost 5-0.

Australia have not had even close to a good day since the first 2.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mindblowing stat when you think about it. In a way this series is more one sided than when we lost 5-0.

Australia have not had even close to a good day since the first 2.
First 3, but yeah it's getting ridiculous. At least it's been draws rather than losses.....

simmy

International Regular
First 3, but yeah it's getting ridiculous. At least it's been draws rather than losses.....
Yeah 3 days sorry.

This is onesided by Bangladesh standards.

Really hope the rain stays away because England so deserve this

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, it would be a travesty if we went to Perth all square.

Anyhow given the weather I think the only option is to declare before start of play. If it rains, a declaration overnight is the only thing that might allow us a decent shot at bowling them out. If it doesn't rain, could that declaration see us lose the match? Well if Australia bat fantastically well they might score 450 and leave us 2 sessions to make 150 to win. Frankly I'd back us, in our current form, to chase that down that 99 times out of a hundred against this limited, exhausted and demoralised Aussie attack.

simmy

International Regular
Yeah, it would be a travesty if we went to Perth all square.

Anyhow given the weather I think the only option is to declare before start of play. If it rains, a declaration overnight is the only thing that might allow us a decent shot at bowling them out. If it doesn't rain, could that declaration see us lose the match? Well if Australia bat fantastically well they might score 450 and leave us 2 sessions to make 150 to win. Frankly I'd back us, in our current form, to chase that down that 99 times out of a hundred against this limited, exhausted and demoralised Aussie attack.
He has to declare... surely...

Xuhaib

International Coach
going through his thread it feels England are one wicket away to complete a white wash in reality after 8 days its still 0-0 given the pitch and weather forecast it could well stay 0-0 after 10 days.

Woodster

International Captain
going through his thread it feels England are one wicket away to complete a white wash in reality after 8 days its still 0-0 given the pitch and weather forecast it could well stay 0-0 after 10 days.
To be fair mate I think every English fan understands that despite all this outstanding cricket we still need to get a win on the board. It is genuinely exciting watching us perform to this standard in Australia, and at times I think we can be forgiven for getting a little carried away. It's been over 20 years since we've really pushed this Aussie side in their own country, and we feel as though we're well in with a shout of winning this series.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia did score 500 just an innings ago.
Yes, one brief Australian innings, and 1,068 England runs (for 5 wickets) ago...

But yes you're right, it's well within Australians' ability to save the game.

My money's on a Ponting ton in a losing cause.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
True that it's 0-0 and the rain could save Australia. But if you don't think this has been an almighty drubbing, you haven't been watching the game.

howardj

International Coach
True, but look at the scoreboard.

It's 0-0

I'll be doomy and gloomy when the Poms get ahead.

But right now, it's 0-0.

Man the fortress, and fight for your life!!!

The Aussies need to be upbeat.

After the series if we lose, there's months and years to be doomy and gloomy.

TumTum

Banned
Looking back at the 2nd innings performances in this ground:
Australia collapsed against WI last year
England's collapse back in '06
Australia's collapse against Agarkar in 2003

TumTum

Banned
Swann will be the key here. Anderson got the ball to swing in day 1 but I don't think we will see that today. I said long ago (and I still stick by it) that Swann will have a poor overall performance here. Nonetheless all he needs to do is produce a few good performances for England to win a Test, and I'm afraid today is the day.

Woodster

International Captain
Swann will be the key here. Anderson got the ball to swing in day 1 but I don't think we will see that today. I said long ago (and I still stick by it) that Swann will have a poor overall performance here. Nonetheless all he needs to do is produce a few good performances for England to win a Test, and I'm afraid today is the day.
I agree, certainly think Swann will be key over the next couple of days. Should be plenty of rough to work with against the left-handers, and also Bollinger's footmarks should ensure he gets some assistance against the right-handers. Hussey's played him as well as anybody, will be another great battle again.

pskov

International 12th Man
Agree that Swann will be the key, but don't see why Anderson won't swing it. He got swing at Brisbane and here in the first innings with the new ball and now with overcast conditions you'd think it'd do a bit more than usual.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Anderson will swing it a bit and Swann will cause problems. Hopefully Broad will get some reward this time, bowling well and getting nothing.