• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
This 10th wicket thing is ridiculous. They've put on 24 and noone's batted an eyelid. Usually that would be a pretty useful partnership.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So what should I do will my dirty Watson winnings? Bet them on something ridiculous? Donate them to charity? Pay Riggins to post more?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
was defending straight down the line, in front of his pad, was covering the straight one well but looked certain to nick anything that turned, no feet movement, couldn't get back to cut/pull or forward to drive with any conviction, looked awful IMO.
On the note, I was at a Natwest event and Tendulkar gave me the advice on my batting to play in front of my pad. That was to pace though as a left hander to a right arm over bowler. Not relevant but borderline interesting.

Australia do have one or two that have decent domestic averages but they just do not look good. I do not think that it is that England have been so unbelievably good. They've been decent but not breathtaking.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Root reminds me so much of Williamson sometimes. Root's a little less orthodox and he's got a marginally better eye but they play some really, really similar looking shots at times; they both really love the back foot punches through the off side.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Just seen the batsmen's dismissals for the first time. Khawaja should be blacklisted for his, absolutely appalling.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Just seen the batsmen's dismissals for the first time. Khawaja should be blacklisted for his, absolutely appalling.
Swann was giving him a lot of trouble. I reckon he would have snicked off if he didn't relieve the pressure. Sometimes you do need to take a risk. The execution was poor but charging in the situation is not an inherently stupid thing to do.