• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
steds said:
No, but how many teams made up almost completely of rookies would you expect to score 550 against an attack far more experienced than their side, including two of the highest FC wicket takers in "the system", one having just having taken 12/88 in a test. Where does it happen "in the real world"?

I'm not saying the Colts should be ***** and lose every game, but 550 is an obscene amount to make against Watt, Kennett and Borcich (I'd be able to understand if it was 4 me's bowling, as I don't take wickets)
It happens.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
No, but how many teams made up almost completely of rookies would you expect to score 550 against an attack far more experienced than their side, including two of the highest FC wicket takers in "the system", one having just having taken 12/88 in a test. Where does it happen "in the real world"?

I'm not saying the Colts should be ***** and lose every game, but 550 is an obscene amount to make against Watt, Kennett and Borcich (I'd be able to understand if it was 4 me's bowling, as I don't take wickets)

Sean i took 5 wickets against these guys in a OD game... nuff said :p maybe you should be looking more closley at your bowlers....

steds

Hall of Fame Member
The first two aren't near to 550. 400 I'd grin and bear it as it's much more realistic, probably 450, too (if I was in a good mood), but 550 is ridiculous, imo. Fair enough with your match digging, that last one was a gem, it does happen. But I still think it's a tad unrealistic

steds

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
Sean i took 5 wickets against these guys in a OD game... nuff said :p maybe you should be looking more closley at your bowlers....
Yeah...Perhaps we should have given Håkon an over or ten...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
The first two aren't near to 550. 400 I'd grin and bear it as it's much more realistic, probably 450, too (if I was in a good mood), but 550 is ridiculous, imo. Fair enough with your match digging, that last one was a gem, it does happen. But I still think it's a tad unrealistic

if it happened to Blue, Green or Black you would be laughing.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
if it happened to Blue, Green or Black you would be laughing.
No, I wouldn't

EDIT: Well, maybe a little giggle behind your backs, but just a little giggle...

Mr Mxyzptlk

steds said:
Never mind the first two are Test cricket...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yeah, I'm leaning to the Reds in this.

Next season, all new signings should be sprayed around the 5 teams so that they all have plenty of cover for internationals.

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
Yes, good examples there - the renowned Indian attack 8-)
As opposed to the renowned Reds attack? David Kennett may have a good Test average, but has averaged over 40 for most of his Test career. Aside from that, none of the bowlers have proven themselves at all at Test level, let alone to be better than the "renowned Indian attack".

J Srinath - 533 FC wickets @ 26podd
AB Agarkar - 202 FC wickets @ 28podd
Z Khan - 250 FC wickets @ 29podd
SB Joshi - 452 FC wickets @ 25podd

Then the legends:

DJ Watt - 406 FC wickets @ 26podd
DM Kennett - 443 FC wickets @ 26podd
NA Borcich - 60 FC wickets @ 24podd
SA Bennett - 108 FC wickets @ 28podd

It's not a very big gap really, and the Indians play on flatter wickets. If I gave the non-Test FC stats, the similarities will be even more apparent. Basically Marc, the Reds attack may be good, but its not infallible.

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
Why not?

I fully support Steds in this - and the restricted sign ups was a major issue that got conveniently ignored...
As Xavier said. 'Twas AA I referred to.

However, it's rookie power you cry?

226, 179, 155, 151, 320, 254, 260, 240/3, 553, 60/3

^ The FC scores of the Colts this season. In the score of 320, Nayak scored almost half the runs. In the score of 254, only one player crossed 50. Of 260, Mamesh scored 108. Of 240/3, there was an unbeaten stand of 123. The only substantial TEAM EFFORT total has been 553 and suddenly there's an uproar... from the Reds no less. Tell me exactly what is irregular about those scores that proves that the Colts are in any way dominating?

It's rookie power you cry?

Prior to the "farce 8-)", the Colts had as many batting points as Blue and Black, and less than Red and Green. They also had as many bowling points as Blue, Black and Red. They sat in a distant 3rd place - 3rd place to two teams which sparingly play rookies.

Rookie power I hear?

The Colts have won 1 of 4 OD games this season. 25 runs, 6 wickets, 18 runs - the comfortable margins of defeat.

This is not to belittle the Colts, but to say that they're not getting a free ride through the Dev League. So what if a couple of players have good starts to their FC careers? It happens all the time. If McGrath, Gillespie, Lee and MacGill can be negated for a chase of 418 runs with 3 wickets in hand at Test level, surely it's acceptable that the mighty Reds bowlers have a day off. 8-)

Mr Mxyzptlk

And finally...

Top 10 FC Runscorers:

T Mamesh (rookie)
PR Sajith
G Nayak (rookie)
A Feeney
I Markus
BC Cunningham
GKK Dobson
RG Verghese