• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
perhaps it showed an element of complacency reds that we let them get so many. I think that the colts should be just about as good as everyone else, cos otherwise it'd be boring if they lost every game. 550's definately an achievable score especially if 1 or 2 get going... which happened. Get over it reds and concentrate on the on-field exploits, that's where games are won. We've learnt that complaining doesn't sit well and eventually does nothing.

The fight showed in the match was sensational. The batting stood up under a lot of pressure. There were lotsa good scores and we coulda got as many as them had've one of us really gone on with it.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
steds said:
No, but how many teams made up almost completely of rookies would you expect to score 550 against an attack far more experienced than their side, including two of the highest FC wicket takers in "the system", one having just having taken 12/88 in a test. Where does it happen "in the real world"?

I'm not saying the Colts should be ***** and lose every game, but 550 is an obscene amount to make against Watt, Kennett and Borcich (I'd be able to understand if it was 4 me's bowling, as I don't take wickets)
Geez mate, I've heard of sour grapes but this tops the list. Get over it. We came to the game under pressure. We have been crtisized in the past for letting go of comanding situations. You guys (as usual) took us lightly, and we took advantage of that. We were the better team throughout the match, and you should be thankful for our inexperience as it probably means that you were lucky to get away with the draw, had our players had more experience you would have most likely lost by an innings. Be thankful you got away so lightly.

Mister Wright

marc71178 said:
Why not?

I fully support Steds in this - and the restricted sign ups was a major issue that got conveniently ignored...
Maybe instead of worrying about other team's so called team harmony problems (which btw don't exist) you should be worrying about your own team's attitude.

Mister Wright

Slats4ever said:
perhaps it showed an element of complacency reds that we let them get so many. I think that the colts should be just about as good as everyone else, cos otherwise it'd be boring if they lost every game. 550's definately an achievable score especially if 1 or 2 get going... which happened. Get over it reds and concentrate on the on-field exploits, that's where games are won. We've learnt that complaining doesn't sit well and eventually does nothing.

The fight showed in the match was sensational. The batting stood up under a lot of pressure. There were lotsa good scores and we coulda got as many as them had've one of us really gone on with it.
Finally some sense being made by a Reds player. Hopefully for their sake they take this message on board rather than worrying about other teams issues.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Hmm, that first innings was pretty shattering really, should have done much better in the circumstances. Steds may be using the excuse of '2 of the highest FC wickettakers in the system', however prior records can be turned to silt on gameday, and myself, along with Kennett certainly didn't bowl to the standard as our records suggest.

Below par exhibition deserves no excuses, sorry lads.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'd just like to give a big "well done" to the Colts team for being the better team throughout the match. This is the first time that our batting lineup has really stood together firmly and I'm very proud of them. It's also great to see the captain taking nine wickets and the rest of the bowlers all pitching in. Finally, as Vimes pointed out earlier - 10 catches in one innings, now there's something you don't see every day. :) Talk about putting fielders in the right places! Always handy to have the once-vice-captain of the CW Reds positioning the field for his old teammates, he knew their weaknesses and preyed on them. :)

Still, we weren't able to finish up, and that's something we'll need to work on. The potential of the players coming together from all aspects of the game for this match was really nice, though, and it makes me very proud to be part of getting these players to work as a team and to learn the ways of the CW Dev League.

Great to have Thomas and Hancock back in the side and taking wickets.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Good one day game from yesterday Blacks.. good to see myself and buts getting in the runs. Great game by tommo... in the 5day areana we just need to get some more stability in the top order. Neil can i ask that i have regained some form so can i please move back to 3 or 4... pref 4... lol as you can see my S.R this season ahs been great prob around the 35 mark id say.. :)

Anyway lets turn around our 5day season and get it going already :) keep up the good 1day performances.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Dissapointing Reds, but well done to hold onto that draw at least.

Congratulations to those Colts players who really played well, especially their batsmen who scored very fluently to make alot of runs.

Loony Bob said:
Talk about putting fielders in the right places! Always handy to have the once-vice-captain of the CW Reds positioning the field for his old teammates, he knew their weaknesses and preyed on them.
Very well done by Kyle to position himself just slightly to the offside of the pitch after he bowled the ball to have himself catch me off his own bowling. :p

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't particularly see what's wrong with it, they need to be competitive and they were. There are going to be matches where they're going to dominate - this was one of them, and we were lucky to hang on for the draw. The game itself - well, the first innings bowling was shocking, and the batting in both innings was pretty mediocre, judging by the Colts 1st innings it was a batsmen's pitch and we didn't take advantage of it. Well done to Ian with his 94 (so close!), Hak, Marc, and Iyer.

Anyway, steds, look at the 2nd innings. They were 3/60 :p

(haha count the number of times farce has been used in the past few pages)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
And finally...

Top 10 FC Runscorers:

T Mamesh (rookie)
PR Sajith
G Nayak (rookie)
A Feeney
I Markus
BC Cunningham
GKK Dobson
RG Verghese
A Lezama
S Jasotharan (rookie)

3 of 10.

Top 10 FC Wicket-takers:

TV Weber
DJ Watt
NS Hoy
NL Patrick
TJ Demeza
KS Wright
AAA Collins
CD McKern (rookie)
NA Borcich
NS Pickup

1 of 10.

Top 10 OD Runscorers:

DP Towns
MW DeSilva
SE Fuller
AJ Blackman
JE Stedman
GKK Dobson
A Feeney
S Jones
T Mamesh (rookie)
AP Chaulk

1 of 10.

Top 10 OD Wicket-takers:

CM Broadbent
AAA Collins
CP Thompson
SE Fuller
AJ Garven
NS Hoy
DJ Comley (rookie)
TJ Demeza
DJ Watt
JP McNamara (rookie)

2 of 10.
Damn, look at that rookie power.

dinu23

International Debutant
this rookie thing is absurd. there's no proof that rookies are way better than the others. some may perform well but is that so wrong.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Interesting how many of those only signed up in the last season and a bit though isn't it...
Top 10 FC Runscorers:

T Mamesh (rookie)
PR Sajith
G Nayak (rookie)
A Feeney
I Markus
BC Cunningham (last year)
GKK Dobson
RG Verghese
A Lezama (last year)
S Jasotharan (rookie)

3 of 10.

Top 10 FC Wicket-takers:

TV Weber (last year)
DJ Watt
NS Hoy
NL Patrick
TJ Demeza (last year)
KS Wright
AAA Collins
CD McKern (rookie)
NA Borcich (last year)
NS Pickup

1 of 10.

Top 10 OD Runscorers:

DP Towns
MW DeSilva (last year)
SE Fuller
AJ Blackman (last year)
JE Stedman (last year)
GKK Dobson
A Feeney
S Jones (last year)
T Mamesh (rookie)
AP Chaulk

1 of 10.

Top 10 OD Wicket-takers:

CM Broadbent
AAA Collins
CP Thompson (last year)
SE Fuller
AJ Garven
NS Hoy
DJ Comley (rookie)
TJ Demeza (last year)
DJ Watt
JP McNamara (rookie)

Not that many, considering the insane amount of people who signed up last season.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
Not that many, considering the insane amount of people who signed up last season.
And considering that a lot of the better experienced players have been on international duty and missed a number of games, and are therefore unlikely to appear in the top runscoring/wicket-taking lists.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Good point. Anyway, Marc, what's your point? People who signed up last season doing well is not rookie power, so it doesn't even support your argument.

No offence but, build a bridge..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, it is part of it - the insane sign ups (and I think you missed a few there as well, Dobson for 1) was mentioned, and has not been checked at all (something I can actually prove)