• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

ripper868

International Coach
Well we got pumped.

Frankly we were doomed since the selection of O'Connor at 10. He showed tonight he is a good winger with his running. Put him on the wing and let a ****ing real 10 run the game - have a pick of Cooper, Toomua, Foley, Lealiafano, Beale, Mako Vunipola - any of those lads would have got the backline moving better than JoC we just had no direction the entire series. jOC is a talent, but a 10 he is not.

the big bambino

International Captain
I didn't watch the game and can't really comment on Horwill's game. The crit may have been deserved but he isn't dire. He's a v good player who had a bad game. Looks like our fwds got smashed but they atleast showed some competition in the 1st 2 games. Maybe some reason to hope. Agree with the 5/8 selection and I'd like to see Toomua given a shot as I think we just get too much stupid with Cooper. Don't believe I even know Foley and Vunipola to give them a go. Hopefully we can send Deans to the same place as Arthur. Needed doing a while ago. I wonder why rugby is so wedded to failure? Congrats to the Lions but it was close eh? Better make sure next time and come back as the British, Irish and French Lions.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Game lost from the 1st knock on from the kick off which led to a try. You can't recover from that momentum. Australia playing catch up there on in.

Genia is the best in the world IMHO - he is the first name on a world XV team sheet and the gap between him and the next best 9 is considerable. But yes I was taken aback when they suggested that at first. Remember that Dan is just getting warmed up right now, and Ritchie is sitting out.

***ton is a silky smooth 1st 5 and possibly the mis match of him vs JOC was the difference between the sides. Would love to see JOC at 12 if his tackling is good enough.

Lions forwards basically decided they had better step up giving the controversy over the back line and got good go forward most of the night.

the big bambino

International Captain
Really! a try from the kick off. One of the many disappointments of Deans wasted tenure was his inability to get basic faults corrected. Secure their kick off and dare to compete for yours, throw the bloody ball in straight at the line out, learn to catch the blasted pill, how long before we become proficient at scrimmaging?, If you don't execute your basic skills then your opponents don't have to do much to beat you. Just wait for your own incompetence to sink you. These failures festered under Deans. He's been like a bad govt and its time we got rid of him.

Don't rate JOC. Not good enough for 5/8 and too small for any other backline possie. At best a bench player. I remember at the time he was weighing up his "options" as to whether he'd be an all black or wallaby. Apart from the sheer presumption he showed he was a bit of a country shopper. I'd like a player whose ambitious for his country. JOC is all about himself. Best thing is new coach could do is tell him no thanks; why don't you try your luck over the ditch.

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
Don't rate JOC. Not good enough for 5/8 and too small for any other backline possie. At best a bench player. I remember at the time he was weighing up his "options" as to whether he'd be an all black or wallaby. Apart from the sheer presumption he showed he was a bit of a country shopper. I'd like a player whose ambitious for his country. JOC is all about himself. Best thing is new coach could do is tell him no thanks; why don't you try your luck over the ditch.
He's gone from the Rebels now. I wonder where he will end up.

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
Deans gone, McKenzie to replace him tomorrow.

The Rebels also getting a new coach in Tony McGahan. It's all happening!

Super Rugby returns to normal this weekend. Last round before the finals.

ripper868

International Coach
I didn't watch the game and can't really comment on Horwill's game. The crit may have been deserved but he isn't dire. He's a v good player who had a bad game. Looks like our fwds got smashed but they atleast showed some competition in the 1st 2 games. Maybe some reason to hope. Agree with the 5/8 selection and I'd like to see Toomua given a shot as I think we just get too much stupid with Cooper. Don't believe I even know Foley and Vunipola to give them a go. Hopefully we can send Deans to the same place as Arthur. Needed doing a while ago. I wonder why rugby is so wedded to failure? Congrats to the Lions but it was close eh? Better make sure next time and come back as the British, Irish and French Lions.
he. Vunipola is the prop for the lions. But seriously he could probably play 10 better than JoC. Foley is the Tahs 10 and has been very good this year, has a wicked step and has got the Tahs backline going forward.

the big bambino

International Captain
Vunipola :laugh: Fair enough. I thought he may have someone showing a bit of form in club rugby running around for Eastwood or Warringah or something.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think he'll follow Sonny Bill & Brad Thorn into the ABs in due course. Definitely has the kicking game for union.

Mildly odd timing tho, what with the RL WC in a few months.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Emphatic win by NZ last night. Cruden was superb, and I thought Luatua was phenomenal in his first start. Error-ridden performance by the Wallabies - Mogg in particular had a shocker.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Emphatic win by NZ last night. Cruden was superb, and I thought Luatua was phenomenal in his first start. Error-ridden performance by the Wallabies - Mogg in particular had a shocker.
Australia were terrible - some of their mistakes were literally under 12s stuff

ABs were clinical as a whole whilst Cruden was exceptional

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is a test of our depth! But I rate both Taylor and Slade (despite the latter's injury-proneness), so I think we should be OK.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australian backline interview question

1. Are you willing, at every conceivable opportunity, to send a meaningless midfield kick straight down the throat of the opposition?

If answer is "yes", proceed to 2

If answer is "no", who are you and what the **** are you doing here?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Australia played well for a while, but boy what's happened to their attack since the Lions tour? Obviously with McKenzie taking over, you'd expect a bit of rustiness but not as much as has been shown across these past two Tests.

Will be very interesting to see how they go against the Springboks in a couple of weeks. Any Aussie fans already regretting McKenzie's appointment over Jake White?

Last edited: