• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If nothing else, today showed Vunivalu is not test standard, he's barely Super Rugby standard tbf. Should be on first plane home and bring in A.Nother.

Biggest benefit of today is the game is at silly o clock in Aus and most people won't know it even happened.
Most away tests are on Stan so very few watch anyway

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
If nothing else, today showed Vunivalu is not test standard, he's barely Super Rugby standard tbf. Should be on first plane home and bring in A.Nother.

Biggest benefit of today is the game is at silly o clock in Aus and most people won't know it even happened.
I just watched the extended highlights and thought Vunivalu looked the goods. Highlights giving the wrong impression then?

social

Yeah that’s what I thought

we’ve got no chance if Gordon is going to kick like that though
Don’t think that we picked another goal kicker or number 10

I can somewhat understand Jones’ thinking as our ceiling for this WC probably wasn’t any higher with any of the veterans that he didn’t pick so he’s punting on some of the younger players to come good at some point

Molehill

International Captain
The inaugural WXV started today with England beating Australia 42-7. NZ v France tomorrow should be a decent game but the tournament likely to be decided in 2 weeks when England face NZ.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The inaugural WXV started today with England beating Australia 42-7. NZ v France tomorrow should be a decent game but the tournament likely to be decided in 2 weeks when England face NZ.
And the NZ's (men's) provincial final is being played tomorrow between Taranaki and Hawkes Bay.

Molehill

International Captain
And the NZ's (men's) provincial final is being played tomorrow between Taranaki and Hawkes Bay.
It seems a bit odd that big club games should be on during a World Cup. The English Premiership started last week with Saracens receiving a record defeat at Exeter - hardly surprising given half their team is in France.

Flem274*

123/5
Meanwhile, in the big one, we just won the NPC.

Had to go through some bull**** Tasman QF and Canterbury semi. Two real teams here today in Taranaki and Hawkes Bay and Taranaki have won a great game. **** that was fun. See ya Super Rugby Unions, the real teams are here yess boiiiiii.

ripper868

International Coach
"Open to a deal to walk away"

Wish I could be **** at my job and drop an email like that to my CEO.

Pay wall means I couldn't read full article but think I got the gist.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, roughly translates as he's quite content to settle for a pay off of only a couple years of his contract instead the four and a bit he'd be due if the ARU was really desperate to be shot of him.

Never go back.

social

RA chairman and some board members should have resigned by now but we know from experience that they have no shame