• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Really good game (long stoppages aside). I thought the Chiefs were in a good position there for a while, but **** the Crusaders are hard to beat.
Yeah. Really needed one of those yellow cards to be a red and for McKenzie to kick his goals.

Flem274*

123/5
they bombed several tries as well. jonah lowe in particular should have finished twice - especially that intercept.

mckenzie was creating opportunities all over the park but the finishing touch from support players just wasn't there.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don't follow rugby of any sort at all but the BBC made a big headline out of Harlequins winning from 28-0 behind so it must be worth a mention.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's equivalent to coming back from 4-0 down in football, pretty much, so fair play to Quins.

Exeter will wallop them in the final though.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
While hardly unexpected, NZ's demolition of a below-strength Tonga last night wasn't much fun to watch. It was also a bit of a shame to see the stands barely over half full.

Also...
Asked to confirm his players had to foot the cost of their own quarantine, Kefu said: “Yeah, usually. But we’ve tried to subsidise that. I think we’re still working through that.”
:(

Spark

Global Moderator
Hilariously awful game management by the French.

Mind you, not that much better by the Wallabies. Wtf are they playing on for a try for when they have a penalty advantage literally right in front of the sticks? Just take the win you lunatics.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
That was a terrible game. The French had a complete brain explosion when the match was basically theirs. Not too many positives to take away for the Wallabies unfortunately either. The All Blacks would have put on 50 points quite easily

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Went to the game and it was a strange experience

As I don’t have Stan, I only knew about half the Australians and assumed that we were in the same position as the French

Oof!

Silk purse out of sow’s ear time

Our starting 9, 10, 12 & 15 weren’t good and it’s tough to play well when you don’t have anyone capable of getting you around the field

Replace Gordon with McDermott & White

O’Connor at 10 when fit

15 no idea (maybe Hodge when fit?)

That alone will see some improvement

Kerevi is in the country for 7s and still only 27 plus they could pick Arnold & Skelton if they wanted - those guys are all quality players

u20s did well last year (?) and you would like to think that some of those kids come through eventually

Big negatives

Hooper is still a bonehead & wtf are we picking so many Waratahs for when they’re one of the worst provincial teams in the world

Anyway, I don’t think anyone other than the most biased expects us to be a top 4 rugby nation anytime soon (if ever, that’s how ****ed the game is here) but we can be better than last night

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I've seen enough Brumbies over the last few years to know that Banks is usually a lot better than that. No idea what he was doing last night for big stretches of the game.

But yeah, why this team still feels like "Waratahs plus" is beyond me.

Flem274*

123/5
Banks is so sneaky quick. I think it's because he's the gangliest bloke out.

Surprised the Wallabies won tbh. Haven't seen the game but France have been fire this cycle. Sounds like it was a bad game but good on them for getting it done.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Win is a win, but let's be honest France didn't bring about nine of their six nations side.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Banks is so sneaky quick. I think it's because he's the gangliest bloke out.

Surprised the Wallabies won tbh. Haven't seen the game but France have been fire this cycle. Sounds like it was a bad game but good on them for getting it done.
France left most of the squad at home