• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Our bench strength got us over the line. 23 man game and all that.

Have to give full credit to the French, looked a proper team again. Serin is a serious talent, Picamoles was huge and Scott Spedding had his best game in blue. If our defence was impressive it was because it had to be.

Hartley looked like a chap who hadn't played in two months and, short of a massive improvement in Cardiff, might be on borrowed time. Captain has to be in the team on merit.

That said the only change to the XV I see is The Brand coming back for Wood, who apparently left with his arm in a sling.

Howe_zat

Audio File
15:27
The video official says that Rhys Webb has come up just short. It must have been a matter of millimetres.

Mike Phillips ‏@mikephillips009 5m5 minutes ago
I'd have scored that ���� #ITAvWAL

Of course.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mike still quite rates Mike, just quietly.

Italy rather feel off a cliff second half. Williams, L's failure to ground the ball at the end could be telling if, as one suspects, there's no Grand Slam winners this year.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Also cost me in the draft. Useless.

~

There's only one side that's looked like winning the championship so far and that's Scotland. He said, before gazing contemplatively into the distance.

We're through the looking glass here people

vogue

International Vice-Captain
What I want to know is why does Italy do this...have a good first half,then go under after about 15 minutes into the second half?...they just get your hopes up then it's dashed...:unsure:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Fitness. Scotland have spent the last 5 years doing exactly the same.

IMO it's what makes our victory on Saturday seriously impressive. You look at the tackle count and we made double the number of tackles Ireland did, we should have wilted in the last 15 once Ireland got their noses in front.

Still England's championship I reckon. Having said that, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Scotland took 4 wins, I think on our day we can beat anyone bar New Zealand at home and I also think we can take France in Paris. We gave them a fright a couple of years ago and we've made huge improvements since then. Sadly winning at Twickenham for the slam is going to be a bridge too far.

Having said that we're equally capable of turning in a crap performance and getting thumped by Wales.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Fitness is one of the most critical things that NZ have done for years. England is definitely following suit.

As a side note, it was interesting for me to watch the 6N properly for the first time in years. Biggest difference between the reffing of the games is, as always, the breakdown when compared to the Rugby Championship and Superugby. The leeway given to players not moving out of the way after the tackle is far greater in the 6N, would be penalized to death in Rugby Championship.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Scotland still got muscled up front even when they were on top against Ireland and got away with it because the visitors had 'a bit of a rory' at the lineout. Scots looked good but I wouldn't be surprised if the French pack just steamrollered them. Guirado is a top set piece hooker who will take advantage.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Scotland still got muscled up front even when they were on top against Ireland and got away with it because the visitors had 'a bit of a rory' at the lineout. Scots looked good but I wouldn't be surprised if the French pack just steamrollered them. Guirado is a top set piece hooker who will take advantage.
Ireland were shocking at the line-out could not believe how bad it was...

ripper868

International Coach
Picamoles had one of the best games I've seen him have for a long time, was strong with ball in hand and in defence.

Parisse did little but to improve his standing as a serial complainer.

Special mention to Angus Gardner for telling the English and French scrums to 'stop playing silly buggers'