• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Ross Taylor's last series memorial thread

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
In passing tbh. We had the warriors on the main screen.

I'm not saying him learning new things is bad (it's good) but this summer he looked like Jacob Oram without his outswinger imo.
He's bound to lose some of his skills while learning new ones. As thundabolt mentions below, if he can add new skills and retain his previous ones, then that's a win-win.

Binkley

U19 Captain
I dunno. Between the radar showing Tickner bowling at 145kmph, showing Jamieson bowling at 145kmph, and with reference to Jamieson’s previous pace readings - I reckon the real issue is that the speedgun needs someone with a screwdriver to do a bit of recalibrating.

thundaboult

International Debutant
I dunno. Between the radar showing Tickner bowling at 145kmph, showing Jamieson bowling at 145kmph, and with reference to Jamieson’s previous pace readings - I reckon the real issue is that the speedgun needs someone with a screwdriver to do a bit of recalibrating.
Yeah it definitely took me by surprise when he clocked those speeds. But the fact that he did bowl a decent amount of high 130, low 140 balls makes it pretty believable...plus he is a big strong fit athlete who's young enough. Its possible he's got the capacity to do this more often. Combine that with bounce and movement, its a helluva recipe.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some interesting Cricinfo commentary today.

Floyd to Young, SIX runs
waltz down the track, not the pitch of the ball though but goes through the shot, lofts over cow-corner and an evidence how good a batter is this guy

Binkley

U19 Captain
Jesus, I hope Scotty Stevenson isn‘t still commentating at the end of Ross’ last innings. I could not bear to listen to the inevitable endless replays of his final walk off the field.