• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Ross Taylor's last series memorial thread

Meridio

International Regular
Some pretty slack dismissals for Netherlands so far. Those caught at third man wickets are something that can happen when the bowling is just a bit quicker than what you're used to - it's on to you just before you're ready, you can't get the hands through the ball, it looks like you're hitting a 'good' shot but really you've been done for pace. Was not an uncommon dismissal as batsmen moved up the grades and came up against quicker bowlers.

Flem274*

123/5
the bloke who averages 11 is giving it a boost today.

rippon could probably bat higher for this particular side.

cnerd123

likes this
just went through their cricinfos

i think they should have rung more blokes.
Probably worth checking their cricketarchive or crichq profiles instead. They play lots of games that Cricinfo don't cover. Have been in and around the setup for some time now. Just seems like failure to execute their skills today

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That's still a decent top 5 tbf
Openers are alright even though O'Dowd is a bit a meme but nothing special even by associate standards. No List A half centuries in 22 attempts from #3 or #4. Edwards is a decent keeper/bat but realistically has nosebleeds at 5.

Definitely a long way from the air of excitement you could feel at the prospect of Cooper, RtD, Kervezee or Ackermann playing a genuinely world class knock and making a real game of it.

ataraxia

International Coach
rippon could probably bat higher for this particular side.
Heh Rippon's been batting 7 for Otago recently. Bit of a mismatch this. Still significantly better than nothing, especially if we get to bat first in the next two games.

Flem274*

123/5
Openers are alright even though O'Dowd is a bit a meme but nothing special even by associate standards. No List A half centuries in 22 attempts from #3 or #4. Edwards is a decent keeper/bat but realistically has nosebleeds at 5.

Definitely a long way from the air of excitement you could feel at the prospect of Cooper, RtD, Kervezee or Ackermann playing a genuinely world class knock and making a real game of it.
I thought I recognised O'Dowd's name then saw he played for Auckland A. At that point I don't think the Netherlands gain much from picking him over a local player. Auckland distrusted their club openers enough to promote allrounder Sean Solia (who is a good player tbf) ahead of them.

Fair way from the days of picking Dirk Nannes.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I thought I recognised O'Dowd's name then saw he played for Auckland A. At that point I don't think the Netherlands gain much from picking him over a local player. Auckland distrusted their club openers enough to promote allrounder Sean Solia (who is a good player tbf) ahead of them.

Fair way from the days of picking Dirk Nannes.
O'Dowd's been really good for them against other associates tbf. Meme technique probably turned Auckland off.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year

Ackermann should be back in the next series. Ackermann opened with Edwards in the previous series against Afghans and both did really well. Edwards, Ackermann, Dowd and Rippon is a decent top 4 they can put up.

Myburgh and Bas De leede have played a lot for them but I don't remember any good knock from them.