• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Ross Taylor's last series memorial thread

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Dunno why Bracewell has been selected as spin bowling all-rounder as Rosco clearly demonstrated vs Bangladesh his hoops down hills get results.

Flem274*

123/5
I think he got selected in the test squad and there were comments to the effect of "why pick this next-cab-off-the-rank plodder". Tickner is tall, high action and quick so has genuine claims as a talent/project imo.
I thought it was pretty clear he was there because it was Hagley and he was born to bowl on that test pitch.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Context:

Tickner doesn't float my boat, he seems like a fast bowler bowling 130km-135km. He's into the pitch, which I guess is why he's there?
Don't know about this. Hard to say what pace he operates at in red ball cricket but he's definitely a yard quicker than the other guys in the squad based on his white ball performances. 140+ when fresh.

Tickner imo is very much a guy with "good attributes". Taller than all our bowlers bar Jamieson, quick, high action. It's not the raw materials that are lacking, it's just the....actually being good. Basically a poor man's Billy Stanlake so far.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This batting lineup really is pretty gross compared to the assortment of mercurial ringers Netherlands usually put out against full members.