• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Road to the 2015 Cricket World Cup

91Jmay

International Coach
Who was the UK boxer that when off at a reporter that asked him about his manhood and suggesting that because he was a black man that he must have a hugh one? Who ever it was he was very offended.
Yeah, its a pretty dehumanising concept. When Linford Christie won the gold in the 100m one UK tabloid kept making innuendo's about his manhood rather than mention him winning the gold and apparently it devastated him.

BeeGee

International Captain
The Black Caps are going to win the world cup.

Oops, I hope I didn't offend any caps of colour. I'll put a :ph34r: at the end just in case. :ph34r:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia's tour to the West Indies in 2012 wasn't high-scoring IIRC. Admittedly skewed by the Australians picking Matthew Wade and Peter Forrest in the team, but whatever.

Just checked it out; series run-rate of 5.02, which is still pretty high, I guess, but the first 3 games were all played at ~4-4.5rpo before Sammy and Pollard started making some quick runs at the end of the series.
Missed that completely. Hope the WC is more of the same. If I see more than 2 successful 300+ chases, I will be pissed.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Missed that completely. Hope the WC is more of the same. If I see more than 2 successful 300+ chases, I will be pissed.
Because teams getting bowled for under 200 and losing is more fun then teams winning chasing 302?

There will be some very b
ig scores mate have you seen the size of some of the world cup grounds?

harsh.ag

Because teams getting bowled for under 200 and losing is more fun then teams winning chasing 302?

There will be some very big scores mate have you seen the size of some of the world cup grounds?
Yeah, I know. I am hoping against hope they ramp up the pitches. Probably not gonna happen, esp in Australia.

FBU

International Debutant
Yeah, I know. I am hoping against hope they ramp up the pitches. Probably not gonna happen, esp in Australia.
From the beginning of 2013
The first 10 overs of the teams batting first in Australia and New Zealand in blue (Scores over 50 - 10/27)

Australia 52/0 46/0 26/4 50/2 37/2 39/2 59/0 23/2 30/2
WI 26/5 20/3
Eng 28/2 52/0 53/1 73/0 33/1

NZ 21/2 18/3 20/3 104/3 38/0 38/2 54/1 57/1 31/1
WI 83/0
India 28/2

First innings total of team batting first ( +300 7 out of 27 times)
Aus 305 170 74 222 247 266 329 274 217
WI 70 220
Eng 269 300 243 316 258
NZ 269 185 156 283 285 292 271 314 303
WI 363
India 278

harsh.ag

Record of series played in NZ since 2004. Interestingly, whenever India and Australia come up for an ODI series, the batting averages, and especially the batting strike rate is seen to take a significant jump from the other series :)

This could be about drawing in bigger crowds since these would be the two most widely watched series.

long hop

Cricket Spectator
What has Riley done to warrant a call up ahead of one of our consistent bowlers when he can't even get into his county side on a regular basis?
I should have probably made myself more clear, I absolutely believe Tredwell Should be our Lead Spinner at the world cup based on his performances with england so far, This was more of a i would like to see Riley given a few oppurtunities aswell to gauge whether he would make a suitable back-up option in case of an injury/severe loss of form to Tredwell as i have watched him a few times both this season and last and i think there's something very promising about the youngster (I say youngster, he's older than me but still) Tredwell should be number one and i 'd like Riley to be the reserve. Briggs would probably be my third choice LO spinner With Moeen providing some spin aswell if he is also in the line-up

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Still doesn't get past the fact that he's not even a first teaser for his county so why should he be ahead of others who are?

long hop

Cricket Spectator
You could have argued the same for Jos Buttler in terms of keeping wicket for England when Kieswetter was keeping for Somerset
I'm not saying he deserves it most but i just personally think he's got something about him that's worth having a look at at some point soon

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Still doesn't get past the fact that he's not even a first teaser for his county so why should he be ahead of others who are?
Well the 'first teamer' he's behind is the ODI incumbent, tbf. Not like he's behind Gareth Batty or Adil Rashid in the eyes of county selectors -- he's behind the best LOI spinner in the country.

long hop

Cricket Spectator
I think i was very close to having an aneurysm yesterday when i had someone telling me that Rashid should be the number one spinner for the world cup

Esperance

U19 Cricketer
Dhoni's Mom: Go and bring some vegetables from the market.
Dhoni: But Mom, we were defeated by England, and the public are very angry.
Mom: Wear my sari and then go, no one will recognize you.
Dhoni goes to market wearing sari.
A Girl: Hi Dhoni, how are you?
Dhoni got shocked. :shocking:
Dhoni: How did you know, I am Dhoni?
Girl: Mahi ... I am Kohli.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhoni's Mom: Go and bring some vegetables from the market.
Dhoni: But Mom, we were defeated by England, and the public are very angry.
Mom: Wear my sari and then go, no one will recognize you.
Dhoni goes to market wearing sari.
A Girl: Hi Dhoni, how are you?
Dhoni got shocked. :shocking:
Dhoni: How did you know, I am Dhoni?
Girl: Mahi ... I am Kohli.
Had heard the same thing with Sachin and Dravid ten years back as well..Looks like our cricketers love saris..

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Boult is getting better and better at limited overs cricket. I know that guys like Mills, McCleneghan or even Milne and Bennett have a bit more incumbency, but I wouldn't mind us opening the bowling with our Test attack if there's something in the pitches.

Southee, Boult, Henry/Bennett is very likely to take early wickets.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'd put money on Henry to top the WC wicket-taking tally, provided he:
a) Gets picked before hand to get used to ODI cricket
b) Doesn't get injured.

Especially at the juicy odds I assume he would get.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like the Kiwis to make a big run. Even at their worst they can make semi finals pretty easily, so now their ODI side (at least on paper) is looking pretty swell and they're at home, they should go good.

Think we're the early favourites though. South Africa have their chances but they'll choke again :p