• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Road to Euro 2012

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
On the bright side, your team isn't on the way to the third successive draw against a wind-blown island where you can play football half the year and most of the male population plays handball. :dry:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Decent enough from England so far without being too impressive. Get Johnson on the pitch, playing well at the moment and plenty of confidence. Have money on Defoe and 3-0, so need some goals!!!
I'd guess you'd got pretty decent odds on that - 33s or so? Cross fingers that we shut up shop now, I suppose...

Or not.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Decent enough from England so far without being too impressive. Get Johnson on the pitch, playing well at the moment and plenty of confidence. Have money on Defoe and 3-0, so need some goals!!!
Careful what you wish for :p

Woodster

International Captain
I'd guess you'd got pretty decent odds on that - 33s or so? Cross fingers that we shut up shop now, I suppose...

Or not.
Don't think the odds were quite as good as that. It doesn't matter now thanks to Defoe getting too greedy and settling for a double!!

Careful what you wish for :p
Decent cameo from AJ, chuffed he got his first goal, but we got too many goals!!!

Here's something everybody can enjoy:

GOAL: France 0-1 Belarus : Kisliak (86)
:laugh:Fantastic!!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Norway somehow fluked a win.

In funnier news, Cyprus has just scored on Portugal again...so it's been 1-1, 2-2 and 3-3 :laugh:

Scaly piscine

France 0-1 Belarus FT

Yes very nice that one.

Chuffed Adam Johnson scored. Stops the idiots have a go when he's got the opening to do what he did instead of trying a stupid pass like Ashley Cole did in the first half. Just wide with one and scored with the other. Didn't try and break the top corner of the net like some of the donkeys tend to do.

Rare to see an England team that actually does the basics. Players that actually use both feet - it's amazing how rare that is.

Still got he odd bit of usual rubbish with Rooney trying his Hollywood chip. I mean he hits it perfectly and the keeper still saves it... what's the ****ing point. Hit a proper shot perfectly and he scores. Hit it pretty well and he may score. Bloody irritating. All that ability he has running forward and he's still going for 0% bull**** like that.

grecian

Well, it was adequate, and shockingly enough the scouse git was good without Arbuckle. Please Capello, don't play them both when Lumps gets fit:)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
- Milner has basically made himself a fixture now. Think Lampard has just become a bench player.

- Long may Hart good work continous. We have spent so long after Seamer retired looking for a stable goalie, dont want to by hyping him too much.

- The sooner G Johnson gets dropped the better. The man just can't defend.

- Has expected our central defenders are horribly susceptible to quick ground passing. It was cringeworthy watching Dawson/Jaigelka tonight @ times.

Scaly piscine

Forgot to mention that again as I said before the World Cup England need to play 4-5-1 or similar when they play better opposition. They just get over-run at the back so easily from one or two hopeful passes. Happened at least twice tonight against mediocre opposition. Maybe it's because the full backs don't move inside and cover or whatever, but it's just too easy.

You can get away with that against rubbish, but not if you want to win anything without being as lucky as Spain.

shivfan

Banned
Excellent work by Defoe, to shut up those idiots at ITV....

How can so-called football 'experts' be calling for Defoe to be omitted, because, according to them, the Rooney-Defoe partnership doesn't work? If that was the case, then Rooney is the one who should be dropped, not Defoe. Thankfully, it worked well, Rooney providing three or four assists, and Defoe finishing like the predator he is. Rooney is much better playing just behind a striker like Defoe, since the latter has more pace and a better predator's instinct than Rooney.

Some of these English commentators worship at the altar of certain players, like Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Terry. If they play badly, it's the fault of the other seven players, and never to do with them....
:dry:

shivfan

Banned
Yes, but Defoe is a flat track bully, regardless of his decent performance today.
Which England player is not a flat track bully?
:laugh:
I have yet to see Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney and Terry play well against a really good team....