• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official - Road to Ashes 2023

mustardcharlie

School Boy/Girl Captain
As an elderly person and a devout cricket fan, this Ashes series intrigues me. One thing I am sure of is that there will be no 5-0 thrashing for either side. Whether there will be any draws will depend on the British weather. The sides are evenly matched. Should be a good contest.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Two teams in top form…I hope all key players stay injury-free and we have a cracker of a series!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking forward to the WTC final. Odd having what should be a pretty big occasion in and of itself as essentially a warm up, but it’s certainly a better hit out than the glorified centre wicket session the Poms just had

MRNC5.0

Cricket Spectator
I'm calling bluff on the flat wickets narrative. Lords maybe, because of Engs poor record against us there they'll view a bore-draw result as a win, but every other wicket bar the Oval will be a green top because non of our bats can play a swinging ball bar Marnus and Smith. Flat wickets just bring Warner, Khawaja and Head into the game who would be non-entities otherwise. England aren't stupid (I don't think?)

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm calling bluff on the flat wickets narrative. Lords maybe, because of Engs poor record against us there they'll view a bore-draw result as a win, but every other wicket bar the Oval will be a green top because non of our bats can play a swinging ball bar Marnus and Smith. Flat wickets just bring Warner, Khawaja and Head into the game who would be non-entities otherwise. England aren't stupid (I don't think?)
I do actually agree that Stokes talk of the wickets he wants is probably BS. Rest of that post though is utter junk.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Head literally smashed a run a ball ton coming in at 10-3 vs broad-robinson-wood-half first stokes on a Hobart green top last Ashes vs the pink ball and smashed 90 vs a full strength SA on a gabba pitch that was the seam bowling equivalent of the pink ball deck India gave England where root took 5-8. Head can 100% play the moving ball.

MRNC5.0

Cricket Spectator
Head literally smashed a run a ball ton coming in at 10-3 vs broad-robinson-wood-half first stokes on a Hobart green top last Ashes vs the pink ball and smashed 90 vs a full strength SA on a gabba pitch that was the seam bowling equivalent of the pink ball deck India gave England where root took 5-8. Head can 100% play the moving ball.
Nah. Looked out of his element in the last away tour to England.

Burgey

Nah. Looked out of his element in the last away tour to England.
Travis Head will outscore every English batsman in the upcoming Ashes. In fact, he will score more runs than the top two English run scorers added together.

Shady Slim

International Coach
moving ball in ingerlund with the ingerlish attach is different from the moving ball from a more pace oriented attack on aussie surfaces to be fair. different skillsets are required in the circs.

Burgey

shady and TJB can't acknowledge how patently junk their views on him are and still wish Matthew Wade was batting five for Australia. Imbos unite.