• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
At the other end of the WCW spectrum, having not watched any wrestling for months I checked out an old Rick Rude vs Ricky Steamboat 30 min ironman match from a 1992 ppv today on a whim and it was brilliant.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The AEW guys were kind of the worst part of New Japan towards the end when they were there. Tag division would offer a lot though.
Young Bucks in NJPW I don't care about but Omega always shined the best there. More or less I just hope we get very rare and occasional crossovers. Things like NJPW excursions being to NJPW to join one of their stables (Shoooooter) or Jungle Boy or someone joining BOSJ. FTR tearing up the tag tournament, the odd AEW contestant in the G1. I don't want to see either companies belts being competed on the other though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Have listened to the entire Death of WCW audiobook over the last few weeks. Most of the stuff re: WCW's dire management I knew, but there were some incredibly funny gems I had never heard of before.

Notably, WCW offering to pay for singing lessons for Tank Abbott so that he could become a fully fledged member of 3 Count :laugh:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also never realised that the most dire parts of Russo's WCW run (i.e. the bits where he was an on screen character) occurred after he was fired and then re-hired by the company. Always thought his tenure was one continuous period.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

In this one?
Yeah. When he spears DDP he smashes his head so hard into the mat that he gives himself a concussion. This led to him blowing a load of other spots in the match, notably kicking out of the Diamond Cutter after a 1 count or something.

DDP tells a funny story about this. Apparently he confronted Golberg backstage about why he kicked out at one, making his finish look weak, but then realised Goldberg literally did not realise where he was and could not remember kicking out at all haha.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha yeah. You can see in the clip you posted the exact moment he knocks himself out (around 27 seconds in). Bloke is gone.

But yeah, this is a trend that has lived on until very recently. His match with Undertaker, if you haven't seen it, is already infamous for this sort of thing. Kind of funny looking back on it now, given what a total ****ing trashfire that match was. But in hindsight it's a miracle neither one of them was seriously hurt or killed.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Just went and watched that match. Amazingly awful really. Apart from the all the botches, what was the point of Goldberg hitting The Undertaker with so many spears for nothing as well?

That botched jackhammer could have gone so badly though

Athlai

Not Terrible
Just went and watched that match. Amazingly awful really. Apart from the all the botches, what was the point of Goldberg hitting The Undertaker with so many spears for nothing as well?

That botched jackhammer could have gone so badly though
Trying to repeat the formula of adrenaline from Lesnar vs Goldberg. Except Undertaker doesn't have any adrenaline left.