• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Fair enough. If you wish to live in a reality where WWE aren't capable of such spin then more power to you. Pardon me for wishing to engage in the topic.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd actually prefer the reality where they made it up, as ridiculous as this sounds because atleast it means reigns didn't have to go through everything that comes with cancer.

andmark

International Captain
What current wrestlers will be on the shoot interview circuit when they retire? I could see Ambrose sticking his boot in.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Consider yourself pardoned, but please try to do better in the future.
Cheers.

However, is it really all that irrational for someone such as me to put forward such a question? If anything, isn't it more stupid to not talk about such a scenario? There's nothing wrong with questioning convention, especially in the case of WWE, a company with a chequered history. Wherein lies the harm of asking? Is it an insensitive question? Probably, but it shouldn't be completely brushed aside or dismissed so easily. Wrestling is the veritable epitome of "art imitating life", after all.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I guess there is a difference between speculating about something and seriously considering something as a plausible possibility.

With regards to the latter, you'd be in some seriously questionable company.

andmark

International Captain
I guess there is a difference between speculating about something and seriously considering something as a plausible possibility.
Yeah, given the nature of wrestling, it's natural to passingly wonder if it's a work, but when thought out more thoroughly, it becomes obvious that it's not.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
:laugh:

Why are you using quotation marks for something that I never said? Nice try.
Your exact words were "If anything, isn't it more stupid to not talk about such a scenario?". This sentence directly suggests that you are "more stupid" (aka. not as smart) if you don't question it.

It is exactly what you said.

Mike5181

International Captain
Maybe it's just because I hate the platform in general, but Lynch/Rousey's twitter feud is so bad.

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Your exact words were "If anything, isn't it more stupid to not talk about such a scenario?". This sentence directly suggests that you are "more stupid" (aka. not as smart) if you don't question it.

It is exactly what you said.
I don't feel that it correlates to your implication that I was suggesting that I am smarter than anyone here because that's not what I was trying to say. Personally I feel this gang-bashing is unwarranted from you guys, as I've been trying to speak to everyone in a respectful manner. For you to come in out of nowhere & hurl abuse at me is a cowardly act. This is something you've repeatedly done to other posters in the past, seemingly just for kicks (and the likes). Moreover, it disappoints me that we have a moderator who is not only condoning this unpleasant forum atmosphere, but actively encouraging it by surreptitiously "liking" abusive posts. I wasn't looking for an argument, nor will I descend into childish name-calling, but I am at least prepared to defend myself from these passive/aggressive attacks & your attempts to belittle me.

In short, no, that is not exactly what i said, but it is what you impulsively constructed from it.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is it a controversial opinion to say that the attitude era has become underrated somehow? People have kind of turned on that era in the last few years for some understandable reasons but there's a lot of wilful ignorance towards some of the aspects that made watching it so compelling and exciting. I've especially seen it on CW where some of you ****s pretend it wasn't fun to watch and point to bleedingly obvious negatives (like the numerous tasteless story lines and some sub-standard in-ring quality) while ignoring almost all the good stuff.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it a controversial opinion to say that the attitude era has become underrated somehow? People have kind of turned on that era in the last few years for some understandable reasons but there's a lot of wilful ignorance towards some of the aspects that made watching it so compelling and exciting. I've especially seen it on CW where some of you ****s pretend it wasn't fun to watch and point to bleedingly obvious negatives (like the numerous tasteless story lines and some sub-standard in-ring quality) while ignoring almost all the good stuff.
The 96-97 lead up & transition intothe AE was the best time in WWF imo. The in ring stuff was still there & the whole show hadn't yet become dominated by promos & logically absurd storylines. There were also a lot of bigtime players conveying a heel/face role with fleshed out character development & defined individual motives. That main event scene of Sid, Bret, HBK, Austin, Undertaker, Mankind & Vader (sort of) was the shiz.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
On attitude era, I don't think there's much to be said about it really. It tends to be fetishised these days. It had a lot of great and a lot of dire moments, but those days for better or worse are gone. Wrestling will not, and cannot, everbe like it again.