• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Whilst Brock vs Jinder is total AIDS, I'm not sure I can see this happening.

Firstly, although it's bombed, Jinder has basically received a monster push. For him to drop the title to Styles on TV just a short while before a PPV he has been advertised as main-eventing would really send the last six or so months of work go down the pan. Even if the time has come to get the title off him, I think this would make him look really really bad.

Secondly, Brock vs AJ is a money match. I doubt they will want to throw it away on a show that doesn't really mean much, and with very little build. Especially after they've blown through a load of other big money attractions in the last month or so, also with no build (i.e. AJ vs Finn, Shield Reunion, Angle's first match in ten years etc.) Got to keep some of that powder dry.

Edit: Third. I really want to see Brock kill the Singhs.
Well, shows what I know. lel

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
He could very well lose it next week but still, it's nice to have a legitimate champion on both brands. AJ vs. Cena for his record breaking title reign in a 30 minute barn burner is infinitely more appealing for WM than Cena vs. Jinder and the Singhs.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Am actually quite disappointed at how there isn't going to be any Brock on Singh action tbh. But yeah on the whole this is good stuff.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Oh man, what if Balor and The Club interfere to get Styles the win over Brock?

Magic Killer, Coup de Grace and then a Forearm/450 Splash for the win, setting up Balor vs. Lesnar at the Rumble.

Would be so in.

They'll inevitably just have Lesnar beat AJ with a single F5 or maybe Roman interfering but it sets the stage for a legit 'Balor/The' Club faction formation on a major stage. Having Gallows & Anderson also gives credibility to Balor being a threat (and not plucky underdog) when he isn't in paint.

Please Vince, dooooo it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Am actually quite disappointed at how there isn't going to be any Brock on Singh action tbh. But yeah on the whole this is good stuff.
Haha yeah, I actually liked the Jinder vs. Brock angle. Heyman just ripping him apart and saying that unlike Lesnar's other worthy foes he was a total joke was cool. Would've made any near fall Jinder got due to cheating all the juicier.

This also probably means Starrcade has Nakamura vs. Styles in a cage match...

God I wish I could go to that show

Agent TBY

International Captain
I feel so bad for that one Sikh guy in the crowd wearing a Modern Maharaja shirt. He looks positively heartbroken. :laugh:

Niall

International Coach
Probably going to regret typing this later, but think AJ will win tonight. Its a poor Survivor Series card and Brock v Jinder is not helping things. AJ to win tonight and get killed by Brock and lose before the belt before they go back to India.
Stopped clock etc.:laugh:

Losing it to Jinder in India seems the obvious play indeed. I don't have any interest in Jinder v Cena at Mania whatsoever, although Cena v AJ would be so cool to see.
I recall there was a time where people feared AJ would never do much on the WWE roster. :unsure:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Whilst Brock vs Jinder is total AIDS, I'm not sure I can see this happening.

Firstly, although it's bombed, Jinder has basically received a monster push. For him to drop the title to Styles on TV just a short while before a PPV he has been advertised as main-eventing would really send the last six or so months of work go down the pan. Even if the time has come to get the title off him, I think this would make him look really really bad.

Secondly, Brock vs AJ is a money match. I doubt they will want to throw it away on a show that doesn't really mean much, and with very little build. Especially after they've blown through a load of other big money attractions in the last month or so, also with no build (i.e. AJ vs Finn, Shield Reunion, Angle's first match in ten years etc.) Got to keep some of that powder dry.

Edit: Third. I really want to see Brock kill the Singhs.
Jeez man you could have made the same point without being disrespectful to AIDS victims.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's just really odd to give it to AJ here, but whatever I'm not complaining. Might be a short run but atleast he's in the main event picture.

Athlai

Not Terrible
HHH challenging Jinder to a match in India seems to nix the idea he is going to regain the title.

Can't say I'm too unhappy on one level but I actually do feel a little bad for Jinder, seems like a great dude.

Niall

International Coach
HHH challenging Jinder to a match in India seems to nix the idea he is going to regain the title.

Can't say I'm too unhappy on one level but I actually do feel a little bad for Jinder, seems like a great dude.
He'l be fine. Its a brave man to bet against him not regaining it before Mania anyhow.

Athlai

Not Terrible
You reckon? The timing of this make sure it feel like the experiment is over, and like they’ve wasted the heat.

Or who knows, maybe Taker has said he has one more in him and wants Cena.