• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, that said I'm interested to see how they go. I think they're about to find out how hard running/booking a promotion really is. Something which I think a lot of the IWC don't seem to acknowledge.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry Manee, but this sounds horrible. This type of fusion just never seems to work in practice for anyone. Can you think of one top guy in living memory whose main thing was comedy? I certainly can't. That's not to say, of course, that it's not possible that it ever could work for somebody, but if I was going to think of a way to totally ruin Nakamura's character this would probably be it.
Wouldn't be my top choice, I just wouldn't mind seeing it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Shinsuke should continue being his weird mix of Freddy Mercury and Prince that kicks/knees peoples heads off

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, find them extremely annoying.

buuuuut this video is great. Smug and funny

Pretty much all their other videos I hate, but this is so over the top I can't help but laugh

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I reckon they go alright, youtube videos of that nature are often fairly difficult and they're moderately putting on characters.

I think they're all slightly smarky assholes but it's worth a few minutes a week. Also who else saw Pacitti cashing in his MITB Whatculture championship after Extreme Rules? Not me.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry Manee, but this sounds horrible. This type of fusion just never seems to work in practice for anyone. Can you think of one top guy in living memory whose main thing was comedy? I certainly can't. That's not to say, of course, that it's not possible that it ever could work for somebody, but if I was going to think of a way to totally ruin Nakamura's character this would probably be it.
Angle? Foley? Later iterations of The Rock? 2006 DX?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Early Angle, early 1999 Foley, The Rock sort of - he was quite a serious type of funny though.
Yeah fair enough, I agree with all you say here, but with the caveat that early Angle wasn't really a top guy. Once he reached that level (basically when he became bald) the comedy was mostly ditched.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
RicOspreay was a fun, flippy spotfest. I think they could have told a better story in the match -- there were definitely elements of 'everything you can do, I can do better' coming out of it, and that should be drawn out between the two IMO.

The DVD-thing into apron 619-y thing into reverse frankensteiner was crazy though. How did Richochet not die when he got spiked on his head?