• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can't see him not losing but they can do it in the right way and set him back on track

Btw, they should have some sort of NXT match at mania IMO. I know they won't, but. Even if it's just the pre show.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm watching Smackdown and I can see people doing the yes chant in the crowd but can barely hear it... surely they're not muting Bryan's reactions... surely. I thought it was just the internet being crazy paranoid about their favourite wrestler, but this was very, very noticeable.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Bryan will cool off now that he's an IC belt midcarder, but I can literally see everyone in the crowd putting their hands up doing the yes chant but for some reason it's not loud... at all. This is some weird ****.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
People who were in the crowd have been posting on Reddit about how the place absolutely erupted when Bryan came out, so if they're to be believed it would seem that the rumours are probably true.

andmark

International Captain
The way they dealt with the Rmble boos by having the commentators at the Rumble say that the fans were disappointed at Bryan not winning was just the equivalent of saying "We know what the problem is but we don't care."

Spikey

wasnt there reports of the crowd being muted on the rumble that was uploaded to the network?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
wasnt there reports of the crowd being muted on the rumble that was uploaded to the network?
Don't think that's true, from what I remember

They've often filtered Smackdown crowd noises over the years but it's normally the other way round. Not watched this weeks Smackdown yet but googled and see that people have been suggesting this has been going on for weeks. I dunno, part of me says conspiracy theory and the other says buffoons.

andmark

International Captain
I'm not saying this of anyone here but I reckon an awful lot of wrestling fans can be too serious. I mean when looking through the IWC, you find stupid arguments which start with things like "I quite like :insert wrestler's name:" "He's ****, you're just a mark." They tend to try to objectivise subjective things (often based on reminiscing about past eras which aren't coming back) which is just rather stupid. And then there's things like the reactions of fans to gimmicks like the New Day or Adam Rose which could be really fun if fans took themselves lightly enough to just join in. Whilst the WWE is in charge of the overall quality of the show, the fans really could help.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Is anyone else finding the build to Wrestlemania really hard to get excited about this year? I was listening to the Solomonster podcast last night (****ing Jono), and he noted that effectively the WWE has been trying to build its 3 main event matches around guys who have barely (or not at all) been on TV. Until last night Sting had barely been on TV and hadn't cut a single promo, The Undertaker hasn't been seen at all since a year ago and has only participated in his feud through audio recordings, and Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns haven't even been in the ring at the same time once. These are all pretty good points imo, and would probably go some way to explaining why I am feeling somewhat underwhelmed by everything.

OverratedSanity

Yeah, most underwhelming build in ages. I think someone here (I think GIMH) was mentioning how wwe step up their game in terms of getting people hyped for wrestlemania around this time of the season, but it's just not happened this year for me.

Also, what's with the build for Orton v Rollins? That's been handled so stupidly. Orton was getting insane reactions from the crowd in the week he returned but then he weirdly pretended to be Rollins' friend and the excitement for that feud has just died down. Why not just bring him back and have him beat the crap out of Rollins immediately? Made no sense.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah that's been executed really poorly. I wasn't a fan of Orton just beating the crap out of Rollins mercilessly last week on RAW either, without the latter being able to fight back at all. Not only did it make Rollins look weak, but it made Orton look like the heel. very odd.

I really hope next week all of the heels come out of things looking strong. As things stand at the moment the faces are "winning" all of the feuds by miles. Sting has just owned HHH in every single segment so far, and as noted above Orton has just beaten the hell out of Rollins without the latter getting any revenge whatsoever. And again, it's just so hard to get excited about Reigns and Lesnar when the only time they've been face to face was one time a few months back in a studio. There's not even a hint of chemistry since there hasn't been even the slightest chance for any to develop. They ought to be trading blows every week, but what we're getting is basically Reigns vs Paul Heyman

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Is anyone else finding the build to Wrestlemania really hard to get excited about this year? I was listening to the Solomonster podcast last night (****ing Jono), and he noted that effectively the WWE has been trying to build its 3 main event matches around guys who have barely (or not at all) been on TV. Until last night Sting had barely been on TV and hadn't cut a single promo, The Undertaker hasn't been seen at all since a year ago and has only participated in his feud through audio recordings, and Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns haven't even been in the ring at the same time once. These are all pretty good points imo, and would probably go some way to explaining why I am feeling somewhat underwhelmed by everything.
My influence knows no bounds.