• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

andmark

International Captain
Wrestlers and their cricketing counterparts:

Steve Austin- Gary Sobers- best all round talent
CM Punk- Kevin Pietersen- left in controversial circumstances, do interviews about how bad the company is
Bret Hart- Geoff Boycott- prone to rants which often don't make sense for purposes of self glorification
Mitsuharu Misawa- Sydney Barnes- the best to those who know them
Lalit Modi- Vince McMahon- abandon traditional practices of the sport in favour of gaining mainstream audiences.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
WWE.com has an interesting article up regarding Wrestlemania undefeated streaks. And apparently, now that the Undertaker has been beaten, of all the guys who are still active (or at least semi-active) apparently RVD has the longest undefeated stream at Wrestlemania. Quite an interesting stat.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Anyway, probably about time we did some WM predictions in here, since the event is fast approaching.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal - Not sure anyone really cares about this. Given the way Cesaro was treated after winning it last year, it appears that this is just a jobbers trophy. Anyway, I imagine this will be quite predictable. Sheamus is rumoured to make his return here, so I'll predict him as the winner. Which would be lame. Hopefully Damian Mizdow will win it. That would be gun.

AJ Lee & Paige vs. The Bella Twins - don't really care about this, but given AJ's time with the company is surely coming to an end I'll go with the Bellas here.

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins - I'd rather Rollins won this because of how much of a gun he is. But he's been pushed to the moon during the last 12 months, and can probably absorb the loss. Orton on the other hand probably needs the win at this point. I'll go for Orton to get the typical WM face overcomes the heel type win here. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see Rollins win the feud later down the line.

Rusev vs. John Cena - Just cannot see Cena jobbing for 2 ppvs straight. Cena here for me.

The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt - This one is really tough to call. I think Wyatt really needs the win if he's to go anywhere, he's not really done anything for months now. But I really doubt the WWE would have Undertaker lose 2 straight WM matches. I'll be bold and say Wyatt to win, leading to a Taker resignation speech on RAW which will be interrupted by Sting, setting up one final showdown for both of them next year.

Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match - I really hope Barrett wins this, as he's gun but just seems to job every week. More likely however, I think Daniel Bryan will walk out of this the winner. Bit of a predictable choice, perhaps, but I can see Vince or whoever (perhaps mistakenly) thinking that if they give Bryan a victory here it'll calm down the crowd and prevent them from turning the main event into a fiasco. From a personal point of view I would rather Ambrose got the win, WAG.

Sting vs. Triple H - Anything other than a Sting win would be totally nonsensical. Surely Sting simply has to win this.

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns - This one is hard to call. But the E is clearly very determined for Reigns to be "the man". Far too early for it in my opinion, but that's not stopped them from rushing everything about him up to now, and with Brock's relationship with the company looking dodgy, I'll put my money on Reigns.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also, I predict there will be no MITB cash in. But would not be surprised to see one at or before the first PPV after WM.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WM predictions eh? Here goes:

Battle Royal: Gonna go with Mizdow. With him last eliminating Miz. The crowd will go nuts and this moment needs to happen.

AJ/Paige vs bellas. Will go with the Bellas here. Some heel needs to randomly win a match at WM.

Orton vs Rollins. Returning Orton will win.

Rusev vs Cena. I'm going to go completely crazy here and go for a Rusev win. Dunno why.

Undertaker vs Wyatt: I like the scenario sledger mentioned, but I still feel Wytt breaking the streak will make everyone go "Oh, so Wyatt beat im too... so Lesnar breaking the streak wasn't really that big a deal" and I think WWE realise that. Undertaker to win, but Wyatt to go on the rampage and destroy Taker during and post match. Also some supernatural shenanigans, obviously.

IC title ladder match: Will go with Ambrose for the win. WWE might give Bryan the title to throw the fans a bone, and to also elevate the title, but Ambrose seems a better bet to me. He was the one who started the whole angle and he'll probably end u winning it. And by god he needs a win at a PPV. When was the last time he ****ing won? :huh:

Sting vs HHH: Sting. Gotta be. If it's not.... I don't even want to think about it. Sting will win, dammit.

Lesnar vs Reigns: Reigns. Rollins cash in RAW after Wrestlemania

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also, there's been some suggestion Taker may return as the American Badass. Doubt it myself, but would be cool.

OverratedSanity

Also, I rewtched the whole of WM 30 today with my girlfriend and got into a big argument because I realised after the show that I like it more than Wm 17 and for me, it's the greatest Mania ever. She argues there's not one match in WM 30 that comes close to TLC2 and Rock vs Austin. While that may be partly true, I just think 30 had an epic feel to it from beginning to end and had more memorable moments than any other WM.

Epic opening segment with Hogan/Austin/Rock, Bryan vs HHH with arguably the greatest opening match ever and a promo package as good as My Way, Cesaro winning the Battle Royal ( :( ), The end of the ****ing streak, and Bryan finally winning the big one. Just an amazing show, and I honestly think it's the best PPV they've ever done.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Build to mania hasn't been classic but for me that's really just because the matches were all ones we could see coming months off so it hasn't had the twists and turns. I'm actually looking forwards to the card though don't expect it to come close to last year

Have to disagree with Sledger on the point that Lesnar and Reigns should be coming to blows each week. Adds a unique factor to the match for me.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Build to mania hasn't been classic but for me that's really just because the matches were all ones we could see coming months off so it hasn't had the twists and turns. I'm actually looking forwards to the card though don't expect it to come close to last year

Have to disagree with Sledger on the point that Lesnar and Reigns should be coming to blows each week. Adds a unique factor to the match for me.
Yeah, I could live with it as well, if it wasn't for the fact that none of the three big feuds seem to involve anyone coming to blows with anyone for the most part.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also, I rewtched the whole of WM 30 today with my girlfriend and got into a big argument because I realised after the show that I like it more than Wm 17 and for me, it's the greatest Mania ever. She argues there's not one match in WM 30 that comes close to TLC2 and Rock vs Austin. While that may be partly true, I just think 30 had an epic feel to it from beginning to end and had more memorable moments than any other WM.

Epic opening segment with Hogan/Austin/Rock, Bryan vs HHH with arguably the greatest opening match ever and a promo package as good as My Way, Cesaro winning the Battle Royal ( :( ), The end of the ****ing streak, and Bryan finally winning the big one. Just an amazing show, and I honestly think it's the best PPV they've ever done.
For me personally I prefer WM XX to WM17 on the whole. Though the memory of that show has forever been tarnished, of course.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Best manias

10, 17, 19, 26, 28, 30

19 the best overall in match quality but 17 just has 'it'

OverratedSanity

Well, the card hasn't got me hyped so far, which is strange, because on paper almost all the matches look great. I think Orton vs Rollins especially has the potential to be a classic.

Anyway, I have no doubt that regardless of how good/bad Mania actually is, they're going to nail the promo packages as always.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That's one of the best but for me the best ever was HBK from raw the night after Elimination Chamber 2010, set to Running up the Hill

On the DVD of Elimination Chamber it was an extra but annoyingly with a different song. That raw isn't on the network and I imagine they'd have to use the different song anyway

That being said I possibly have that episode on an old laptop. Also featured an AMAZING Jericho promo

OverratedSanity

Oh yeah the Wm 26 one, right? That was amazing. Goosebumps when HBK jumps out from underneath the Elimination Chamber.

I actually really love this one too:

Agent TBY

International Captain
I know it's not a match-hyping promo, but HBK's hall of fame induction video is right up there, for mine.

Saw it on the Bret vs Shawn Greatest Rivalries set, and fell in love with it immediately.

Speaking of that and Running up the Hill, the lead-up to the Montreal section of that sitdown interview is set to an instrumental version of that song. When I watched that and then went back to check out the promos and events scattered throughout '97, I realised how much of a shame it was that Montreal is all anyone talks about, because that feud was ****ing incredible.

andmark

International Captain
Here's a trivia question for you folks: who has had the most consecutive Wrestlemania appearances (it's not Undertaker)?

OverratedSanity

It's not Taker? That's surprising. Either Bret or Macho Man maybe?

I somehow feel it's a trick question. Was dead sure it was Undertaker.