• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official * Pakistan vs New Zealand 2023

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Chapman is batting too low in the order. Ridiculous. Latham was out there batting like it was a test match, soaking up crucial balls and overs. ffs.
Chapman is a 5. The only issue I'd forsee is if there is a lack of flexibility with the order, although Latham has done the job well in the past. The issue was Nicholls soaking up 20 balls and same with Ravindra - honestly, it would have been better if Sodhi and Matt Henry batted there

Howsie

International Captain
I still don’t understand just how the IPL works. The amount of no name English and Aussie players you see in squads and yet someone like Daryl Mitchell can’t get a gig?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I still don’t understand just how the IPL works. The amount of no name English and Aussie players you see in squads and yet someone like Daryl Mitchell can’t get a gig?
Don’t spend too much time on it as it will do your head in

Jason Holder & Wayne Parnell have contracts and Ben Cutting had one for years after being washed

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
marketing

english and aussies are also just considered inherently better.

these sides aren't owned and run by the best and brightest, and winning isn't the only priority.

a motivated cwpl drafter could draft a championship winning side within 3 seasons. i'd take them on that bet too.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marketing

english and aussies are also just considered inherently better.

these sides aren't owned and run by the best and brightest, and winning isn't the only priority.

a motivated cwpl drafter could draft a championship winning side within 3 seasons. i'd take them on that bet too.
Just about the only interesting thing about the IPL auction is the interaction between the owners and some advisors

It’s pretty obvious that a few of the latter are just there for the money and go along with virtually anything that the owners decide

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've enjoyed watching a few replays this year with commentary muted (especially when Kevin Pietersen is involved).

Flem274*

123/5
i used to watch it a bit last year because i could get away with it.

the cricket is fun, especially when you see a new talent like Gaikwad unearthed who smokes it like Guptill or an international meets a domestic guy out of his depth (Boult and Milne had Raina and someone else on the run at 135kph), but the pizazz is very annoying. i know im old and boring but just make it the players, the fans and some commentators who can speak a bit quieter sometimes.